You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > DODGY DEALER

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

badcompanybiker

Mar 12

DODGY DEALER

right,

Passed my test, mega happy , sell my 125 after purchasing a GS500 from a DEALER , expected delivery after its been through an MOT and SERVICE and is 100% RUNNING as quoted by sales MANAGER , I wait , sure enough he rings tells me bike is sound and ready to be delivered , i wait , bike is late but i have it, he goes off after delivery and i look at bike , NO TAX ! I look at indicators , NONE WORK , i look at oil , NONE THERE , I look at brake fluid , NONE THERE, i go off and walk around buying these things , total of about 100 pounds , get them all together , start bike, works great , until I hit 40mph then cuts out , throttle has no response and get that clicking when battery is flat, so I check battery , its FLAT! so i buy new one starts great , get to 40 DIES !!! i push back up hills for 6 miles , get home ring dealer , tells me hes busy, so i wait , i then ring back 4 hours later , hes busy , i leave message explaining whats wrong no reply , i text him , no reply , i ring again , hes gone home , i ring his mobile he cuts me off! im so angry and upset right now because i have no idea where i stand after paying 1,300 pounds for a 30,000 mile 1999 bike . please god give me an answer !!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 May 2012 21:50)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ergf

Feb 09

ergf says:

trading standards

i would go straight to trading standards and report him and i would also go to citizens advice who should be able to provide yuo with all your legal rights

Reply to this Topic
badcompanybiker

Mar 12

Id love to

id love to do that , but i have a feeling I dont have a leg to stand on , its gonna leave me out of pocket and its going to be a huge headache , u know it took me like 4 months to save up for the bike and its probably gonna cost that in legal fees. *catch 22*

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Caveat emptor, but even so...!

Definitely get some free advice from the Citizens Advice Bureau. The fact that you accepted delivery with some glaring errors doesn't help your case but even so the dealer has failed to supply goods fit for purpose. Citizen's Advice are local and they may already know about the dealer. It sounds like he won't be in business for long. He deserves to be named here.

Reply to this Topic
badcompanybiker

Mar 12

hmmm

i accepted delivery on the agreement it was road worthy and able to ride away , by the time i parked the bike in a parking space the driver had gone , and to be honest its a licensed Yamaha dealer so big fish , Ive decided to just cut my losses and ive shedded out 400 quid to get it fixed and road worthy so I cant really make a claim now can i haha.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle