Skip to content

Ask an Expert First ride: English South Coast Touring & travel

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Touring & travel > First ride: English South Coast

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

ajmcguk

Feb 12

ajmcguk says:

First ride: English South Coast

Hi guys,

I passed my CBT in March and have a CBR125. This weekend I'd like to go on my first planned route to enjoy the bike and the scenery.

I'd like to go from Basingstoke / Chineham area down to the south coast and then maybe along the coast (east or west). I'd like the route to be no more than about 6 hours round trip.

Any recommendations? Even a place to visit on the south coast would be nice, and I'll just select some B roads at random.

Or, is there any (free) software out there that means I can plan it myself? (based on a database of biker rated roads I guess)

Thanks.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (28 May 2012 13:39)

Post a message in Touring & travel

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
happylemon666

Mar 10

I have an idea

but not this weekend.  How about you see if you can get a ticket for the festival of speed, then take the back roads route from Basingstoke to Goodwood.  Or even without the FoS, this isn't a bad route to take, and it's only a short trip north from the coast.

In fact there's a lot of non motorway to choose from if you head south out of Basingstoke.

Reply to this Topic
no1toprider

Aug 02

no1toprider says:

routes

RAC route finder is free and quite good for planning round trips, just put your postcode as the start and the finish and you can add up to 6 via points to form the route. Enjoy yourself and stay safe. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices