Skip to content

General Protection means nothing ???!! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Protection means nothing ???!!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

badcompanybiker

Mar 12

Protection means nothing ???!!

lately since this beautiful weather , i have seen a gazillion moped riders wearing a t-shirt and shorts but i put that down to inexperience and just plain stupidity , but then i started to notice r1 riders and bandit 12 riders wearing shorts and still blasting round ... am i wrong or is that just plain moronic ? just cuz its hotter doesnt make the tarmac any softer on your skin,ligaments and bones ? whats your stance on this ?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (28 May 2012 21:29)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

Agree with Vulcan

On the odd (very odd) occasion, when it's so hot, I believe you're safer when comfortable riding. When you're so hot and uncomfortable, you're not fully concentrating on your riding. I 'never' would go out in shorts, but I do wear jeans on many accasions when it's so hot. Plus, when you get to your destination you're not walking around all day dripping wet through with leathers on.
Choice yes, compulsion no.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
badcompanybiker

Mar 12

oooff

painful shiz , I didnt realise that even at that speed could cause pin hand syndrome ... wow ... hope it hasnt put the fear into you , im guessing there is no lasting damage ?

Reply to this Topic
badcompanybiker

Mar 12

yeah...

i never thought of being too hot as being a distraction ... i guess I havent been that hot yet , but would you adjust your riding so your not screaming round corners with your bike nearly horizontal ?

Reply to this Topic
badcompanybiker

Mar 12

LOL

yamark 69 ! pure lolz! phileidiot ... how the hell did you come up with that saying haha , but yeah tottally agree !

Reply to this Topic
denzil z9

Apr 07

denzil z9 says:

gotta

be better to be comfortable than sweating like a dog in heat. You just moderate the way you ride.

Reply to this Topic
badcompanybiker

Mar 12

fair enough

if you moderate the way you ride , but I just cant believe screaming round without protection ...

Reply to this Topic
StealthSV

Feb 08

StealthSV says:

BCB..

oooff

painful shiz , I didnt realise that even at that speed could cause pin hand syndrome ... wow ... hope it hasnt put the fear into you , im guessing there is no lasting damage ?

Take it that was in reply to me?...

Oooof indeed!! Yeah, painful and yeah, at 'THAT' speed!! Shockin that even at what was 'moderate' speed soooo much damage can happen!:shock:

Has it put the fear in me? Nope, apart from maybe that pesky 125 lol.. And lasting damage? Probably but only time will tell.........:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
badcompanybiker

Mar 12

yeah it was

aha what was it ? i remember my cbr was a voilent peice of metal , first gear was so jerky and it carried on right to 3rd-4th gear , nightmare .... 

Reply to this Topic
LearnerRider

May 12

LearnerRider says:

T-Shirt???? ARGGG!

I went out for a ride the other day (full protection) And yes i'm only 16! Im not a Chav in a tracksuit!  But I know that its a must if you want to keep your skin.

Went to the local bike shop, when a bike parked up next to me. T-shirt and Shorts on a CBR600? It amazes me to be honest but I suppose its down to your own choice.

Reply to this Topic
PENWELL

Jul 08

PENWELL says:

Limited protection

I often see both young and mature women riders on scooters with little practical protection. The older women, which you would think had a bit more sense seem to think that it might spoil their fashion image should they wear anything that looks slightly ridiculous. I suppose they reason that they don't have far to travel so it's not worth putting any protective clothing on. Also when wearing a skirt forward motion can create quite a pleasant draught when the weather is how it has been these last few days:hmmm:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices