Skip to content

General Protection means nothing ???!! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Protection means nothing ???!!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

badcompanybiker

Mar 12

Protection means nothing ???!!

lately since this beautiful weather , i have seen a gazillion moped riders wearing a t-shirt and shorts but i put that down to inexperience and just plain stupidity , but then i started to notice r1 riders and bandit 12 riders wearing shorts and still blasting round ... am i wrong or is that just plain moronic ? just cuz its hotter doesnt make the tarmac any softer on your skin,ligaments and bones ? whats your stance on this ?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 May 2012 21:29)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PENWELL

Jul 08

PENWELL says:

Limited protection

I often see both young and mature women riders on scooters with little practical protection. The older women, which you would think had a bit more sense seem to think that it might spoil their fashion image should they wear anything that looks slightly ridiculous. I suppose they reason that they don't have far to travel so it's not worth putting any protective clothing on. Also when wearing a skirt forward motion can create quite a pleasant draught when the weather is how it has been these last few days:hmmm:

Reply to this Topic
Will125

May 11

Will125 says:

I've been a squid for the last few days...

I'm not going to lie, I've ridden for the last few days without a jacket on.

I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for this post, but meh. It's my choice if I wish to become a red smear on the road or not. 

The majority of my riding has been at about 20, and I was riding so cautiously that most people behind me would have wondered if it was my first time out or something.

When I went out today, I knew the roads would be slightly clearer and I would be going faster than 30, so it was full gear time.. even though I started sweating my balls off long before I even got on my bike.

Reply to this Topic
badcompanybiker

Mar 12

will125

no , no hate , the reason why i started this thread was to get personal opinions not to start hate , at the end of the day the biking fraternity means you own a bike , and your respected and treated fairly by every biker no matter what you have or what you are , we are all equals , you obviously have sense because you adjusted your riding to the situation you were in , that shows you know how to handle a bike , so no hate at all and i put shame onto any of those who dont respect your opinion and who treat you unfairly , the reason why i like being a biker is that we are all equals , sorry to sound like a hippie but thats the way i see it.

Reply to this Topic
honwal

Feb 10

honwal says:

i still ride

in jeans or combats, when i hired a bike in india just wore flip flops shorts tee shirt no lid, all down to individual choice, why does everyone assume they are going to crash if they dont wear full gear, live and let live

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Bigots demanding of others

It is very very easy to argue that those who wear the latest and best protection are the most likely to have an accident. Being prepared to have an accident doesn't mean your a safer or better rider. The goal is NOT to have the accident in the first place.

I am a strong believer that riders who choose less protective clothing often moderate their riding to reduce the likelyhood of an accident. That to me is safer than some numpty ragging it around cos they're wearing the latest CE approved armour/ suit and think they're safe.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle