Skip to content

Discuss This Miller WSB Race 2: Melandri wins after epic battle with Rea, Davies fourth World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Miller WSB Race 2: Melandri wins after epic battle with Rea, Davies fourth

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Miller WSB Race 2: Melandri wins after epic battle with Rea, Davies fourth

Despite being delayed for over an hour, the second race at Miller was well worth the wait. After a brilliant race long battle,  Italian Marco Melandri claimed a hard fought victory ahead of Jonathan Rea after making a decisive move into turn one on the final lap of the race. His win marked BMW’s second ever WSB victory and escalates...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (29 May 2012 01:22)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

Jonathan Rea

what a ride!. the balls out style he has..a pleasure to watch him wring everything out of that bike. What was it, he was down something like 15km/h in the slipstream??. Incredible performance i gotta say. The Honda bigwigs must seriously give him some more help or he'll be poached by another team come next year.

Great race all around and well done to Chaz aswell. Absolute blinder from him

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Melandri was the better rider today

Rea was good but Melandri was better. I could tell a couple of laps from the end that Melandri was gonna win. He was much smoother than Rea and hitting all the apexes while Rea was a little ragged. Both had shot tires but Melandri was just better. And it wasn't down to top speed. Checa was vastly slower than everyone and if he wouldn't have fell off would have done the double and won race 2 by a country mile. Leon was on the Bimmer and was no where and got his ass handed to him by Melandri. The Aprilias are fast in a straight line but didn't threaten to win at all.

Reply to this Topic
Crasher_666

Jul 08

Crasher_666 says:

Macio

Well done Marco on a fine win. Anyone else thinks his bird looks like a ladyboy? That hour long cleanup was a bleeding farce, stupid septics (yes yes I know safety first but that was ridiculous)

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

J.Rae

Brilliant ride from Jonathan Rea .Expected result from Marco melandri , I'd give the best ride award to Davies though. Whats happening to Eugene ? Biaggi Teammateitis?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Edgar Jessop

Aug 03

Edgar Jessop says:

Funny bit for me was in post race interview when the muppet interviewer kicked off Rea's bit with "when the cat's away, the mice really did play!". You could tell Rea really wanted to say "what the f*ck do you mean? I'm just a mouse compared to Checa? Have you looked at the points standings you cretin?" Unfortunately he just said something polite like, "yeah, I';m really not sure what any of that  meant..."

Reply to this Topic
keith24

Jul 04

keith24 says:

superb race the second one ...and loved the burnicle and whit chat :) ...so funny had me instiches ..pmsl

so much better when the cheating ducati is not at the front ..again , again , again ... zzzzzzzzz

look at BSB and take a look WSBK

Reply to this Topic
olly8000

Apr 07

olly8000 says:

NO !

Can't belive I missed race 2 I had to record it and the cleanup took so long I only saw the first 3 laps !!! Definitley watching the re-run F*****G typical lol And gotta say @Crasher666 I met Melandri's Mrs at Donny couple of weeks ago and she ain't no ladyboy she's FIT !

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

great

ride from rea, he is the fastest rider out there at the moment, shame honda dont put a bit more into wsbk like they do motogp, very poor show from haslam, hope its just a one off.

Reply to this Topic
Trumpton3

Feb 08

Trumpton3 says:

Chaz

Although Rea rode the wheels off his Honda and Marco never gave up, my pick of top rider for race 2 goes to Chaz Davies. A rookie who looked every bit a top rider as the other front runners, and a podium for him would have made my day. Well done that man.......... :-)

Reply to this Topic
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

Deputy Dawg...Haslam

So did Aoyama, by Rea, and Spies in Moto Gp by Lorenzo, Crutchlow and Dovisioso, your point is?  Well done the ulsterman at least you didn't try a Melandri move, oh no its not your teamate!  Great comments by Scott Russell hit the nail on the head regarding the Donington saga.  Well done Marco on a great race.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices