Skip to content

Discuss This You ask/you answer: How should I deal with the police? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You ask/you answer: How should I deal with the police?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

You ask/you answer: How should I deal with the police?

After two years riding, I got pulled over by a police car for the first time last Saturday. I was shocked and intimidated by the policeman's anger, and admitted straight away that I was speeding. I feel like I could have handled it better, but what should I have done? Your advice could help. Leave a comment below and we'll publish...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (30 May 2012 12:49)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Mr.Number

Nov 07

Mr.Number says:

Rather than focus on the police officer and his/her conduct, focus on what it is that you may have done which caused the officer to deal with you in the first place. I'll repeat that....Focus on what 'YOU may have done', or in most cases, what YOU did do.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Largely depends on what kind of Plod you get

If it's a couple of Traffic slapheads with a camera, you're probably banged to rights and might as well play the "Moment of madness" card.

If it's some patrol prat who just fancied a chase, feel free to have a good laugh.  Don't be a plonker and admit to anything - remember that the burden of proof is on them.  Yes you know the speed limit here, yes you know what speed you were doing, then whistle a happy tune.

Don't feel that you're under any obligation to take a lecture from the hypocritical buffoons, they'll do far worse on a daily basis just for kicks.

Reply to this Topic
FinbarMcDuff

May 12

FinbarMcDuff says:

Handling the plocie

If you have a pair of tits use them, my wife has never been nicked Yet she has been pulled more times than I’v had hot dinners. If you’re a bloke your F#$I&d you may as well take it like a man!!!.

Reply to this Topic
FinbarMcDuff

May 12

FinbarMcDuff says:

Handling the plocie

If you have a pair of tits use them, my wife has never been nicked Yet she has been pulled more times than I’v had hot dinners. If you’re a bloke your F#$I&d you may as well take it like a man!!!.

Reply to this Topic
krustchoff

Feb 11

krustchoff says:

dealing with the plod

knock it down two, flip up your plate and go like fuck, stopped? who gets stopped? only a joke, be polite, show respect and youll receive respect, right up your arse with a £80 ticket and 3 points. you could always nut them.

Reply to this Topic
RogerRSV

Jul 09

RogerRSV says:

What to do.

Roll up one trouser leg, give the secret handshake and say the magic word shibilith..............you'll be on your way in no time at all!

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Three sportsbikes pulled over by a f-ing Range Rover, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves! GNR boys GNR (gunnit'n'run).

Reply to this Topic
katman46

May 12

katman46 says:

There all pure arse holes man, i got stopped for doing over 50 mph in a 40 and my bike only does 50mph if im lucky haha !

Reply to this Topic
momomomo

Apr 12

momomomo says:

be polite

but do not admit openly to have been speeding unless they had a speed gun that recorded your speed they cannot do anything.  On the other hand, be polite.  You will meet the occasional prick on a power trip but most of the times you will find decent enough guys.  Last week for example I overtook an unmarked car at what could be considered an illegal speed...  Slammed the brakes before a  nice sharp corner that I enjoy every day and take a nice wide line that takes me right between a pothole and the kerb.  The guys followed me all the way to the garage where by now I thought I was safe.  The guy being a motorcyclist himself was more concerned that to him it looked like I overcooked the corner and wanted me to be more careful...  Nice bike mate..  I like the kriega bag...  Done!  The other day got stopped for crossing the double continuous lines while filtering traffic...  I admitted that I knew it was wrong but still do it out of habit...  Again, a nice older policeman asked me to be careful because at this time of the year they tend to scrap a few inesperienced motorcyclists off the floor, gave a me a leaflet for advanced courses run by the police and that was it. They are trained to deal with aggression and to deal with all kind of 'I know my rights' pricks.  Be polite and unless you were doing something very stupid you'll go a long way.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
sallison30

Mar 08

sallison30 says:

Vermin

Traffic police are vermin. If you think they have any interest whatsoever in road safety, you are fooling yourself! The exist purely and simply to intimidate and oppress motorists, and revenue collection of course. They don't like us because we don't conform robot style. One of them even said to me "I hate motorcyclist" I think we should start a campaign to exterminate all traffic police.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices