Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Have you done any post-test training? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Have you done any post-test training?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Have you done any post-test training?

We're interested in how many people have done some kind of post-test training. Help give us a steer by filling in the poll. Don't forget to add your comment below pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (30 May 2012 14:49)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

Shiny side up

Nottingham Police were running free IAM training + police traininng a while ago - I took advantage of it and was really impressed with it.

It was one-on-one training with the bike copper on his beemer - he came over as someone who genuinely loved his bikes. I'd do it again if they ran the courses again but I guess it's a lack of funding!

Cheers,

Baz

Reply to this Topic
Janet the jet

Aug 02

Is it a matter of timing?

I wonder whether there's any link between how long ago people took their test and whether they've taken further training. I get the impression, though I may be wrong, that those of us who took our tests back in the old days (just over 30 years ago in my case) are somewhat less likely to have done further training than people who have qualified more recently. There's probably also more incentive for newly qualified riders to take further training to reduce their insurance premiums, whereas my premium is already very low.

Reply to this Topic
dom501

Sep 10

dom501 says:

ERS

I did the Enhanced Rider Scheme about six months after I passed my test. You get a one hour assesement ride, classroom session and an hour with Craig Jones slow riding skills (slalom course time trial).

If you make a certain grade you get a certificate which I didn't.  It definately encouraged me to get more training done... I enjoyed it especially the slow riding skills.

Reply to this Topic
megadooomer

Jan 11

megadooomer says:

post test training

I've thought about it, I've recently changed from a 600 bandit to a fireblade, I asked our local police station about bike safe.  They asked if it was to do cycling lol

Reply to this Topic
trannie680

Jun 09

trannie680 says:

Train or die?

I passed my test when I was 16 in 1967. Roll on 39 years and bikes looked good again. In 1968 I rode a 1950's bsa 500 twin, my next bike was a Honda Blackbird, hence ' train or die,'  So, bike safe, iam, iam track, Lincs partnership at Cadwell, Ron Haslam and continual training runs with the local iam club and track days.  I must sound like a complete pr##k but whether I'm on the beemer touring europe with the misses on the back or scraching round the lanes on the fireblade I know I'm more likely to go home under my own steam because of the training Ive done! I would advise everyone to get some sort of training, you never know, you might learn something.

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Post-test Training

After attending a Bike-Safe day I did some training with the IAM but, unfortunately, was unable to reach their test standard.  I gave it a crack on two occasions and the standard of my riding was improved - but no cetificate.   

Reply to this Topic
street3r

Sep 10

street3r says:

ERS and Ron Haslam

I did ERS June 2010 and Ron Haslam track event June 2011.

The ERS was great actually spent the whole day with an advanced trainer doing the ERS and getting a whole load of tips.

Great information learned with both.

Reply to this Topic
fivebyfive

Aug 06

fivebyfive says:

IAM

I can thoroughly recommend the IAM programmes. The dedication and thoroughness (and patience) of the volunteers is to be commended.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Forgot about the DSA Enhanded Rider scheme?

Don't worry, everyone else has as well.

Reply to this Topic
CobbZ

Jun 10

CobbZ says:

No, but

I do really want to do bikesafe or IAM at some point. Its just extra cost I don't need at the moment, but I will do it next year.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices