Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Have you done any post-test training? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Have you done any post-test training?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Have you done any post-test training?

We're interested in how many people have done some kind of post-test training. Help give us a steer by filling in the poll. Don't forget to add your comment below pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (30 May 2012 14:49)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

itdcmy

you will find the poll after the headline, there are 9 tick boxes and 1 vote button.

Reply to this Topic
NoisyNeighbour

Sep 11

None...

...yet, will be though when I'm happy the bike's 100%

Reply to this Topic
Kebabmonster

May 12

Kebabmonster says:

Did a Bikewise Durham course October 2010.

I'd only been passed my test just over 3 months but learned so much on that day.

Reply to this Topic
zebadee88

Jun 12

zebadee88 says:

Bikewise in Durham

I did the Bikewise Training Course at Durham last year & despite being an IaM member, a very experienced driver & rider & an approved Blue Light Driver, I still learned alot & was very impressed with the level of training. Highly recommended to all.

Reply to this Topic
dharland

Jun 12

dharland says:

Bikewise Durham

I have done advanced riding for 13 years. All courses were extremely good, Bikewise Durham are by far the best!! Very experiance at riding and teaching, TOTALLY none threataning and a very big awareness booster.

I have done a course with Bikewise Durham for the past 3 years and I'll be doing it next year also.

David Harland

Reply to this Topic
alanthepomme

Jun 12

alanthepomme says:

post test training

I have attended 2 bike wise training days . I cant remember learning so much in such a short space of time ever before in my life and yet looking back most was so obvious I cant understand why I didn't work it out myself. I am now a much safer, quicker,and smoother rider with 100.\ more awareness of what's going on around me. Would recommend it to all riders

Reply to this Topic
ARIrwin

Jun 12

ARIrwin says:

Bikewise Durham

Bikewise. I had one of the best days I've had on a bike. This was my third time out with Bob and Mick and I must say it will not be my last. The old adage "You never stop learning" is so true, we can be vulnerable on motorcycles, the training you receive really reinforces and embeds what you need to do to make sure you protect yourself, and get the best out of every ride. Many Thanks Lads ......

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Haven't done it yet

its one of those things I've kept putting on a back-burner - one day I'll get round to it (thinking about IAM).

Picked up a few ad-hoc tips and tricks off other, more experienced riders though, plus 6 accident-free years riding almost daily, and conciously analysing what I can improve if I've had a near-miss (even if its someone else's "fault").

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Yes

Live in the US. Have taken the Lee Parks/Total Control ARC 1, and am registered for the ARC 2 class later this year, as well as the Stayin’ Safe on-road course.  I would suggest the ARC classes to anyone who does not have advanced riding skills and training already.  Lots of little things that are not always intuitive make a big difference when all implemented together.

Reply to this Topic
daveajj

Feb 06

daveajj says:

Durham Bikewise

Did this training a couple of years ago with Mick Alder from Bikewise. Chucked it down with rain for most of the day but it has gotta be one of the most enjoyable days biking I've had. Mick was a true gent, never patronising and he seemed to enjoy the days training too. Bikewise is ideal after the winter layoff or if moving up to a more powerfully bike or even as a refresher giving additional skills after passing your test. Totally recomended!!!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices