Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Have you done any post-test training? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Have you done any post-test training?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Have you done any post-test training?

We're interested in how many people have done some kind of post-test training. Help give us a steer by filling in the poll. Don't forget to add your comment below pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (30 May 2012 14:49)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hockeybear65

Jun 12

Hockeybear65 says:

Did my DAS about 18 months ago and then did Bikewise @ Durham last week with Mick Alder. Excellent! Helped massively with riding. I would recommend it to all new and experienced riders! Apart from anything else it is a really enjoyable day out.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Welcome to all our new forum members

Thanks for signing up just to tell us about "Bikewise Durham" and Mick Alder.  This one time, at Bikewise Camp, I saw him walk on water to heal an injured swan.

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

I've done lvls 1, 2 & 3 of CSS and would love to go back and do some more........... they taught me loads of stuff that now one ever tells you about corners *grin*

I have heard good things about Ron Haslam's and it might be better for experianced racers but CSS was great learning for myself.  Don't just think the skills they teach are for track use as after the lvl 1 CSS day, riding how was so much easier and less tiring alowing me to be safer and more confident in my day-2-day road riding.

I might do IAM but went to one meeting and they all seemed to be a bunch of up your arse, Hein Gericke wearing,  BMW riders that sucked all the fun out of riding (sorry if that offends anyone but perhapes you shouldn't be so goddam boring *grin*)

Reply to this Topic
GrahamMarsden

Jun 12

I passed my Direct Access about four and a half years ago and I've recently passed my IAM Advanced Test with the Solent Advanced Motorcyclists group after I decided that I could ride my bike better, but I didn't know how.

Oddly, unlike some people, I've not found that IAM members are "a bunch of up your arse, Hein Gericke wearing, BMW riders that sucked all the fun out of riding", on the contrary, I've found I'm enjoying my riding much more because I'm more confident and have better judgement of hazards as well as a much improved riding style that lets me put the bike through the twisties in ways that I never knew were possible before.

I just wish that Insurance Companies would comprehend the fact that Advanced Riders are much less of a liability to their profits and offer more than a measly £15 discount for having undertaken extra training...

Reply to this Topic
1093brown

Aug 02

1093brown says:

Rogerborg !!!

I used to be one of those : Traffic slapheads,  patrol prats or  hypocritical buffoons, that you referred to in your previous post and I am now the other half of BikeWise Training with my mate Mick Alder. Sadly in my previous life as a Traffic Slaphead, patrol prat or hypocritical buffoon I had on regular occasions to go and pick up pieces of motorcyclists from the roads after they'd killed themselves and it's something that I hope you never have to do or see....  We introduced BikeWise as a motorcycle show in Durham in 1995 - ran at the Police HQ and it's been running every year since then, attended by thousands of people and it keeps growing. Not only do we run post test training courses for motorcyclists through the road safety partnership but we also run a mini bike club (voluntarily) for kids 6-17yrs old and are hosting a round of the Scottish Mini Moto championship for the kids to race in this weekend...  Your comment was uncalled for as you haven't got a clue what work we are doing with the motorcycling community up here in Durham, if you took the time to look it up you might find that we do love motorcycling and that Durham now has one of the lowest motorcycle casualty rates in the country, so perhaps we are doing something right  - although Mick cannot walk on water - yet :)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices