Skip to content

Discuss This Would you ride 193mph down this road in the rain? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Would you ride 193mph down this road in the rain?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

Would you ride 193mph down this road in the rain?

A 28-year-old man has been charged with riding at nearly 200mph on this road in the rain on Wednesday evening. It's just south of Albany in the state of New York and the same location another rider was clocked doing 166mph a few weeks previously. Police say Anthony Anderson was doing 193 mph on Interstate 87 when he was spotted by an...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (31 May 2012 16:10)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

NO

Reply to this Topic
records1990

May 12

records1990 says:

195 down the road

No, not in the rain, and not when it's dry, if they want to be racers then go to the track and do it the right way, there's no on-coming traffic on the track.

Reply to this Topic
CaNsA

Jul 09

CaNsA says:

I've done 150 in the torrential rain on a very similar but "private" road.

Lived to tell the tail.....

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

?

So lets have the whole story MCN.... What bike?, The riders skill, why so slow compared to the TT, NW200, How many people Died???? what was the officer Driving or riding. What was the outcome?

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

well you know, these modern sports bikes, all you need is damp air and the bike goes like f***, i just don't know what happened, i bought one of those cheap flyby wire throttles off a toyota and my visor had also fogged up so i'm not sure how fast the bike was going, but then i hit the kill switch because all the blue and red lights were flashing, i thought the rev limiter was playing up. My friends in Ward 3 can you give me directions........

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Rain

It depends on what the rain was like. If it was light drizzle, then probably YES. If it was fooking it down, then no.

Reply to this Topic
bbstrikesagain

Nov 08

No!

But hey, records1990, there's no oncoming traffic on a dual carriageway, is there? Bigger issue might be closing speeds on other unpredictable vehicles... ...and whether you can "stop safely in space you can see will still be clear when you get to it" especially bearing in mind the 60m thinking time and almost 600m braking distance from 193mph (calculated from highway code dry basis of 2/3s, 2/3G)- even with racing wets pulling say 1.4G, and a superhuman rider doing a 6 second horizontal handstand on the bars, you're still looking at around 300m to haul it up! Mind you, police recording device calibrated up there?? 193mph my ar$e.

Reply to this Topic
ChimneyPortions

Oct 11

Yes

Sounds like a laugh.

Reply to this Topic
ahinks

Sep 06

ahinks says:

yes

If i wasn't scared what the "bigger boys" in prison might do to me.

Reply to this Topic
FellRaven

Apr 10

FellRaven says:

No

I've searched the internet and their is only this version of the story released by the Police. This is nothing to say whether the road was clear, how long the speed was maintained, whether their were any junctions etc etc. "The fastest known speeding ticket was issued in May 2003 in Texas. The driver was operating a Koenigseggs CCR, a super sports car made in Sweden, and was allegedly going 242 mph (389 km/hr) in a 75 mph zone. The driver was arrested and his sport car was towed." Apparently he walked because the ticket was wrongly completed.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices