Skip to content

Discuss This Would you ride 193mph down this road in the rain? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Would you ride 193mph down this road in the rain?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

Would you ride 193mph down this road in the rain?

A 28-year-old man has been charged with riding at nearly 200mph on this road in the rain on Wednesday evening. It's just south of Albany in the state of New York and the same location another rider was clocked doing 166mph a few weeks previously. Police say Anthony Anderson was doing 193 mph on Interstate 87 when he was spotted by an...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (31 May 2012 16:10)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
twowheeledfiend

Oct 08

My bike

doesn't go that fast.

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

lol

I'm always going 150+ but my bike tops out at 178 so not 193, would if I could because it's fun. We can keep saying things are dangerous or whatever but there is a risk in everything. Lets just use common sense shall we and judge if situations are safe for ourselves. If you're speeding on a busy road or on a 30mph road with kids on it then fine you deserve what you get. However if I'm on a dual carriageway with no one else around, I don't see a problem.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

193mph on public roads

Speed on it's own isn't a problem, its the circumstances and conditions that might make it so and we don't have all the info to make a judgement (light drizzle/ torrential rain/ lighting conditions/ forward visibility/ weight of traffic etc??). If this road was near devoid of traffic, and the road was grippy then that type of speed may not present an excessive risk. If there were multiple cars about or the road was overtly slippy then that is likely to  give a different conclusion.

Can you justify riding those speeds on a public road - obviously not, but that doesn't mean you've jeopardised other peoples lives in all circumstance if it did occur.

Reply to this Topic
jimbo8098

Nov 11

jimbo8098 says:

Under certain circumstances

speeding is absolutely fine. The phrase "a time and a place" very much appies. Other than youself , who you gonna hurt on an empty road? And the cops should take that into account if you are caught too (although if they catch you then you havent been paying enough attention to your surroundings)

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

Details Please

I think it would be helpful to know just what bike he was riding and how the State Troopers measured his speed before offering any comments.

Reply to this Topic
SiBR600

Jun 12

SiBR600 says:

... and yet Max Biaggi can do 200mph+ around Silverstone and he's allowed to walk free?... pah!... there's no justice anymore....

Reply to this Topic
nworbynot

Dec 11

nworbynot says:

I think I'm a sensible chap, I think I'm of average intelligence, I'm 52 years old. But I bet like most other red blooded bikers out there I bet there is a part of you that would want to ride that fast if they had the chance. Let him without guilt case the first stone.

Reply to this Topic
Moke1275

Jun 10

Moke1275 says:

What's the problem? I was the rider, I do what I want where I want - you only get one life and I am going to do what i want with it. We don't need rules or "the system" lets all just do what we want and if others don't like it then tough if they selfishly get in my way. On the technical side of things you may find it hard to believe but the bike is a heavily modified Norton ES2 57 model, garden gate frame, aluminium pushrods and obviously a heavy duty clutch. I started the run up to that speed just north of Lake Okeechobee and had a packed lunch. I only used a pint of oil in the whole journey and obviously it was Duckhams Q20/50. Remember, the  world would be a better place with more folks likes me, you know it makes sense. Now, must clean the .45................

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

Chinese Whispers?

Just read on an American forum that the rider was "19 over" in the rain. Elsewhere there's a press release purporting to be from the New York State Police which says 193.

Hard to know what to believe. One thing's for sure, if it was a stock bike then there's an error.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

I've done mid 180s on the M62 on my R1 and 165+ on plenty of A roads so who am I to slate the guy. I pick my time and my spot. Never got a speeding ticket in 40 years. Go in peace,,,,,,,,,,,like a bomb. If the do-gooders don't like it,,,,,,stuff em.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices