Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow gets brake upgrade for Catalunya MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow gets brake upgrade for Catalunya

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow gets brake upgrade for Catalunya

Cal Crutchlow will race in this weekend’s Catalunya MotoGP round in Spain with the latest spec 2012 Brembo front brake calipers and pads having backed down on his refusal to buy them out of his pocket. Monster Yamaha Tech 3 team-mate Andrea Dovizioso is understood to have coughed up for the new brakes out of his own wages earlier this season,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (31 May 2012 17:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mozart

Nov 10

mozart says:

Cal

A man of princple sticking to his guns...........?

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

LOL

i like this guy. he started talk like casey. only the truth. LOL. how come a rider paid their own brake?????????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... this is so funny. this guy is really nuts to say this to MCN. LOL. and dovi already paid it??? that's karma to refuse honda.

Reply to this Topic
hondmog

Oct 08

hondmog says:

Great he has got the better brakes now he can leave dovi for dust .

There's been a metion on bbc news text that Cal has also been talking to works teams but would like to stay with Yamaha , lets hope he gets Spies ride for next year or even Stoners .

Go for it Cal

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

I hope they benefit him

He deserves good tackle on his current performances ,but how wrong is it that he should have to buy them ,look at what ducati are throwing at rossi's bike and for no better result ,I hope that he reaches a point in his career where he can remember these times and it costs them a lot more !,the money thats wasted in the sport on unimportant items ,the bikes performance should be number one ,yet they refuse to give in to reducing costs to improve the grids etc ,it costs millions to gain three hundreths of a second its madness

Reply to this Topic
ahinks

Sep 06

ahinks says:

Strange

I had no idea riders had to pay for there own parts! Will they be on ebay at the end of the season then?

Dig deep cal you may be able to buy a factory bike too

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

no excuses

He will have to beat dovi now....

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Dear Cal

"My manager is now looking for a personal sponsor to come on board and help pay. But we shouldn’t have to be doing that at this level.

All teams have a budget regardless of the 'level' they're competing in. Dovi put up and now you've had to. It's a cert that you'll both be re-paid at the end of the season, maybe sooner, but for the time being stop bitching and be happy that you have the bloody things. Now go get that first podium bud :)

Reply to this Topic
nigel041

Jan 04

nigel041 says:

Unbelievable isn't it? Multi million euro budgets and the riders still have to shell out for performance upgrades themselves.

Apparently things are so bad that Cal has to take Poncharals Mrs out every week to Carrefour to pay for the weekly 'big' shop

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

And this is why I think MGp is bullsh""t

What a load of bollocks ! No wonder many riders are snubbing Gps oh and its ok for Stoner he gets everything top notch and he complains about CRT bikes well go f**k off then spoilt child .

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

superbol.........lox

So does Rossi, Dani, Jorge etc.

Why pick on Casey?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale