Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow gets brake upgrade for Catalunya MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow gets brake upgrade for Catalunya

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow gets brake upgrade for Catalunya

Cal Crutchlow will race in this weekend’s Catalunya MotoGP round in Spain with the latest spec 2012 Brembo front brake calipers and pads having backed down on his refusal to buy them out of his pocket. Monster Yamaha Tech 3 team-mate Andrea Dovizioso is understood to have coughed up for the new brakes out of his own wages earlier this season,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (31 May 2012 17:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
LouisVR46

Feb 12

LouisVR46 says:

Ouch

I can't begin to imagine how much these new brakes are if they cannot afford them in the budget - Cal probably couldn't justify losing out on a potential factory ride next season just because he didn't want to pay for an upgrade that will keep him at the front. Fairplay for upgrading but he'll probably make Tech 3 foot the bill - and why shouldn't he. It is unlikely that his contract says "shell out for upgrades when we decide we need to stick to our budget". And as for superbol's comment "Stoner he gets everything top notch and he complains about CRT bikes well go f**k off then spoilt child" I sort of agree. He obviously gets the fastest bike because he is No.1 rider for Honda, the same way Lorenzo and Rossi get the best at their respective manufacturers. And I don't see how CRT is an issue, lets face it, they're shit at the moment but a few years and the grid could potentially very big with lots of competitive "low budget" (<---- yeah right) teams, which is exactly the aim and what the sport needs! Some excitment and to level out the field! And to be fair, Stoner has decided to go due to CRT (and other factors) so he isn't going to contnue to winge. Fariplay Cal.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Hey dummy boy Superbol

Stoner has said that he doesn't even use the new brakes - he uses the old ones because he likes them better! So what do you have to say about that you know nothing idiot?

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

LouisVR46

Why should Tech 3 pay for Cal's brakes? They didn't pay for Dovi's. They gave them both the same kit. Dovi used the new brakes last year at Repsol and bought a pair because that's what he is used to using and didn't like the feel of the standard Tech 3 brakes. If Cal thinks that he needs them and went out and bought them how the hell does Tech 3 owe him anything? They don't - that was Cal's decision. And by the way, I read some where that the brakes run around $70,000. Yeah, not found at the local dealership.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

LouisVR46

Can't resist a dig a Stoner even on a Cal/brake thread. Get real.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

In his position still looking for his first podium – not sure he’s quite the big man he reckons he is just yet. With Smith going to Tech3 next year (bad decision by the way) Cal need to be regularly beating Dovi at the very least  just to keep a seat at Tech 3 never mind what he has to do if he’s after a full factory ride next year. There is a global recession with less and less sponsorship money so why shouldn’t he put his hand in his pocket like Dovi has? It’s his own career and reputation he’s funding after all, it’s not like he’s been asked to pay for Dovi’s breaks! Budgets and economics just aren’t like they used to be. I just find it a funny attitude for someone who needs good results this season.

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Tech3

must be feeling like idiots with this story rumbling on. A multi million team scraping to buy some discs and pads. It seems hard to believe but then quite often the truth is stranger than fiction! Good luck Cal with trhe new brakes!! Ciao

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Ere you lot...

Do ya know who else has got some shiny new parts for tomorrow? Yep, u guessed it and the noises from that garage sound somewhat pleased.. Lots of big smiles... Let's see how the new electronics and ally swing arm do round this track.. Should be interesting... Oh, and Cal will def win the championship now that he has these magical new brakes... I just know it..

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Are you listening Caramello?

Yeah, new electronics! Just what the so called master of wrist control would need eh Moaner? It gets better by the day.

And Calvin? The new maverick of motoGP, about time someone other than Stoner stood up for the rest of the fkn pussies. Probably be shunned for speaking his mind too.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

LOL

i just love this guy. i star like him. i hope he get first podium. he's just like a child. just say whatever in his mind with no guilty feeling.

"We have got the brakes and we have also got an invoice for them." LOL. this guy is nuts. DID everyone of you ever hear a rider said that???? LOL.

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Deliberate handicap to aid Spies, Lorenzo

It has been suggested that Yamaha gave the Tech3 riders the old brakes so they wouldn't upstage the factory riders...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices