Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow gets brake upgrade for Catalunya MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow gets brake upgrade for Catalunya

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow gets brake upgrade for Catalunya

Cal Crutchlow will race in this weekend’s Catalunya MotoGP round in Spain with the latest spec 2012 Brembo front brake calipers and pads having backed down on his refusal to buy them out of his pocket. Monster Yamaha Tech 3 team-mate Andrea Dovizioso is understood to have coughed up for the new brakes out of his own wages earlier this season,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (31 May 2012 17:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

If these brakes

Are a significant advantage then cal may be on for a podium this weekend. Unlikely I know but here's hoping!! This championship needs a guy like him to ruff up these puppets.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

It's all about contract negotiation

Herve isn't a plum.  Cal continues his good form, gets offered a factory ride - Herve says "You have an invoice to pay - it's being deducted from your wages".  Cal stays at Tech 3 - Herve says "No need to pay the invoice my friend... Oh by the way, no pay rise next year"  Dovi aint gonna be happy if he has to pay (we don't know if he's actually paid for them up front) so Herve doesn't want to favour another rider.  No such thing as a free errr lunch (or set of brakes).  Either way, he's got the stopping power - be interesting to see how much better he performs this weekend.   Go on my son, grab a fistful.

Reply to this Topic
636darren

Apr 12

636darren says:

rock the boat.

stoner is using the old brakes. i wonder how the team feel about the histeria of cal and the must have new brakes drama? i doubt we will see any sign of improvement this weekend....

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Electronics..

Ducati will be using an electronics package closer to that used by "Yamahonda" so this in theory should make the bikes a little more level... This is a good thing no? Well not if you are a Stoner fanboy hey Bobby Boy... ha ha ha

"The new maverick of motoGP, about time someone other than Stoner stood up for the rest of the fkn pussies." Yeah he's just like Stoner as he goes back on his tough words just as quick eh... "Na mate, i 100% aint riding in Motegi and not even HRC will make me ya Flamin Galah" ha ha - Dust that fucking great chip off ya shoulder Bob...

Oh, and enjoy your Queen's Jubilee mate... Bonza!

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

So this is where Rawdog and, bob is a sad old man have gone. Too bad about casey boys. I was hanging to hear from you guys after Casey bailed.

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

it's only money

If I was Cal I’d have bought them myself.  You don’t get many chances in Motogp, especially if you’re a Brit.  Cal needs to get on the podium if he wants a factory ride next year.  Cal is lucky that Tech 3 picked him over Edwards.

Reply to this Topic
LouisVR46

Feb 12

LouisVR46 says:

PaceyCasey

I'm not having a dig at stoner, I'm saying that someone commented he should like it or lump it - and he has. I respect his decision to retire and I am not saying he is in the worng for doing it. He doesn't like the changes, he wants more family time, so he retires. Simple really. And racingfan99 elaborated what I was saying really...he needs the upgrade to be competitive, and he needs to be better than Dovi beacuse he wants either the tech 3 ride or the factory squad.

Reply to this Topic
twowheeledfiend

Oct 08

I agree

That Cal should have equivalent equipment to Dovi in order to give himself the best chance in competing terms for a contract for next season. I think if he beats Spies' 5th place from last year he's done well. He's already quick out of the box, currently 4th quickest in FP1.

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

Here's hoping a talk went something like this:

"Herve, I'll buy the new brakes, show you the difference with a podium, then you can eat humble pie and refund me... oh and a bit of a pay rise. Yeah?"

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

simple as that

If it's a dry race and Cal's got the new brakes working, and gets another 4th or better, the podium, then it's worth it. If not, he's going to have to live with them, if it's wet, then he aint going to use em anyway, and another podium? for 46.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices