Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Ride to Work Day - More time, more fun! General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Video: Ride to Work Day - More time, more fun!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Video: Ride to Work Day - More time, more fun!

This year Ride to Work Day is on Monday June 18, and we're urging everyone to get their bikes out of the garage, don their kit and ride to work to show the nation that two wheels are a great way to commute. There are special events planned across the UK to encourage you to ride the bike to work, as if...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (01 June 2012 11:18)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

errrgghh

I'd start driving to work if it meant I had to face that...

Reply to this Topic
draper12807

Feb 11

draper12807 says:

I'd rather take the whipping than be seen riding a scooter in full leathers whilst my girlfriend rides what looks like a MV Agusta Brutale

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

I did that last year......

When can I ride home again????

Reply to this Topic
indiekid1986

Jul 11

indiekid1986 says:

I commute to work everyday on my bike. Does it mean that on the 18th I'll have people to race?

Reply to this Topic
jimbo8098

Nov 11

jimbo8098 says:

Nothing :(

Nothing in Scotland :(

Reply to this Topic
R125BAT

May 12

R125BAT says:

Bwahahahahaha....!! Brilliant humour - just made my day!

Reply to this Topic
gavinfdavies

Aug 09

gavinfdavies says:

Ride to work? In June? EXTREME!

I'm sure going to struggle riding to work in the middle of June. Mild weather, even if it is wet, enough light there and back for those of us on day shifts, and no salt!

Why do give the weekend warriors something to really make them think - lets do this again in 6 months time. 18th December. Or even better, the 18th January, when there's more likely to be 3 inch of snow, salt everywhere, pot holes big enough to loose a bus in, and it's pitch dark there and back. Grow some balls.

Now try that on 150 mile commute!

The bacon butter would come in handy then mind you...

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

i ride to work / collage every day wet or day cold or wet as it saves me moeny as my bike cost lot less to run than a car.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Well, I'm retired, but on that day, I'll be on my way to Austria in France for Tridays, does that count?

Reply to this Topic
NeiljohnUK

Oct 09

NeiljohnUK says:

Everyday!

Well I ride most days, the time and fuel cost savings are huge, year round, I only take the caged monster when I have something too large to move en-route, so for me it won't make much difference, however if enough bikes are on the road the ignorant cages just might get the idea!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices