Skip to content

Ask an Expert loosing power "bogging down" Bike accessories

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > loosing power "bogging down"

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Hrb21

Jun 12

Hrb21 says:

loosing power "bogging down"

Hi, im wondering if you can help me, i have a piaggio nrg power dt air cooled 50 cc moped which is 2 stroke, when im riding the bike it doesn't seem to rev out i get to 4000 revs then the acceleration cuts and sounds as if the bike is going to cut out but then if i come off the accelerator and rev again it will pick back up but still wont go over 4000 revs :/ tried cleaning the carb but no luck with that :/ I NEED HELP haha

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (01 June 2012 12:13)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Piaggio NRG Power DT 50cc 2007

Hi Hrb21 and welcome to the site:smile

First thing,when did it start doing this,was it gradual or all of a sudden? what mileage has it done?and has it had any work carried out on it lately?.I can speculate,the most commen reason for a moped to get stuck at a certain RPM is the rollers in the variator getting flat spots so they can't roll, or the belt is starting to shred, blocking exhaust either at the exhaust port or at the stinger(tail pipe)another can be a dirty air filter,or a air leak,give you something to think about!Good Luck

KCMC:tongue: 

Reply to this Topic
obrien65

Apr 12

obrien65 says:

Losing Power

I recently had the same thing with my bike.  Cleaned the carbs with no effect.  Turns out there was a partial blockage in the fuel line.

Reply to this Topic
maxmadness888

Sep 13

loosing power "bogging down"

I went to the petrol station filled up didnt even get 50 yards away b4 it lost power then died, It happened very suddenly 

Reply to this Topic
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

died suddenly

Have you put diesel in it? You'll be surprised how many people do..... :wink:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN