Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi ninth but happier with Ducati set-up MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi ninth but happier with Ducati set-up

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi ninth but happier with Ducati set-up

Valentino Rossi may have only qualified his factory Ducati GP12 in ninth place for tomorrow’s Catalunya MotoGP race, but the Italian declared himself happy with set-up improvements made after a tough first day. The 33-year-old set a best time of 1.42.175 to finish 0.880s behind reigning world champion Casey Stoner in pole position, but he was happier with the front and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (02 June 2012 17:38)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
flatsixforever

Sep 11

I think he got 2nd!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
mattbirt

Aug 02

mattbirt says:

Second

He was indeed second. Small mistake but thanks for pointing it out

Enjoy the race tomorrow

Matt

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

Where's The Rossi cult now ? Service has resumed as normal

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Valentino Rossi ninth but happier with Ducati set-up

Where's 'Buell and the gang' when you need shoddy spin-doctors? Or should 'spin' now be added to Vales 'the doctor'?

9th..........................................but happier with the set-up. How so???

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Set up indeed

Set up an aluminium 270 BHP bike for his what ? 20th something outing on the bike and he rewards the factory commitment with a 9th.

Had Stoner delivered as useless an effort as this in 2008 none of his detractors would have a Ducati or Stoner to complain about right now.

You know...2nd year, 2nd year with factory backing,sponsorship backing.

Cuddle him up in a pram and pray for rain.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Save all the comments until after the race. FP and qualifying don't mean jack shit.

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

Guess all the Rossi cult is out doing the rain dance

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Not trying, too scared!

Watching qualy last night, only to see Florence and his machine pushing the front end through the right hander in particular, with considerable understeer, where the rest are oversteering and accelerating through the apex.

Then, I looked at the position the clown has on the bike! Fk me I thought, he might as well have a fkn Gibson SuperJumbo200 strapped to his back on the way to music practice!

If there was ever an indication this blokes onions have shrivelled to nothing, this is it!

btw, could see it a lot, but best footage was around the 10min 30sec to go mark (superslowmo).

bbtw, I see the ally swingarm has been dumped already, another premature running off at the mouth from the master of development. Why are ducati putting up with this bullshit.

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Bob maybe

a tosser , but he is telling the truth.......whaa whaa whaaa .

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Perspective, Benny

"It just isn't working, is it??????????????"

As an exercise in highlighting the relative talents of Rossi against Casey, I'd say it's working perfectly.

And as a demonstration of the superior level of support that Rossi gets over the rest of the field ... again ... perfect.

I still think Rossi is a decent rider though.  He can still put the best wet-weather bike on the podium in the wet (when he doesn't crash it).

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices