Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo wins home race at Catalunya MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo wins home race at Catalunya

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt   says:

Jorge Lorenzo wins home race at Catalunya

Jorge Lorenzo showed why Yamaha is so desperate to keep and why Honda might have to break the bank to sign him for 2013 after he claimed a third win of the season in his home race at Catalunya today. The Spaniard increased his lead in the world championship to 20-points after closest rival Casey Stoner could only finish fourth. Lorenzo brilliantly...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (03 June 2012 14:05)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
veronicaisl

Aug 11

veronicaisl says:

stoner haters

so funny to read all these slagging against cs. Its only 5th race so don't predict anything yet. Stoner won last yr championship with dnf in jerez. Hats off to jorge, dovi and cal. Gutted with spies, i hope he can bounce back in silverstone. I see ducati getting better which is good. For sure this year will be a tight one till the end.

Reply to this Topic

Sep 10

4619 says:

simoncbr1000rr

Yeah you proberbly tossed yourself to sleep!!! why dont you go and have another one and we can all get on with reading sensible comments on here!! FAGG*T

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

great

ride from jorge, think he is fav to win this yr now, another ride from stoner like that and he will do 1 before the end of the season, good ride from dovi and cal again, think cal will have to be more aggressive at the start to get his first podium.

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

NOT WORRIED

I remember casey saying he wasnt worried about the yamaha threat a while back and i said then its not the yamaha that he has got any worries with its lorenzo. looks like i could be right. Well done Danny and Dovi, Cal also had a goood race even though he "only" got 5th. Also Rossi must be a little happier and is moving in the right direction  

it was a good race but motogp has still got to up its game to match WSB and BSB 

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

4th!!!!!

Where'd that come from?!!! Oh well, chalk it up as a bad day i guess.

Jorge, fantastic ride at his home GP. Another fair effort from Dani but just seem's to lack that final 1%. Impressive ride from Dovi, stayed in touch with the leaders for as long as he could, then had Stoner hunting him down in the latter stags but kept his 'cool' and brought it home. Well done not only for the podium but also finding a razor ;). Another strong ride from Cal but still can't turn his quali performances into stronger race performances........Silverstone maybe?

Ben.................................Good to see him back at the front again albeit for a lap or so. Barring the crash, hopefully he can continue to add to the speed he's found this w'end. Chin up son.  

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

spies----> fail!

so now its about a luck change??! more like he needs to get his grey matter sorted!! the move he attempted on Dani reeked of desperation. As you have seen all the Yamahas were going well at this track. Would it not have been better for Ben to have bided his time rather than try and banzai through Dani and then fall flat on his face?? on the 3rd lap ffs!! hell, even a 5th place for Ben would be like gold for him right now. At the end of the day Lin Jarvis will probably be noting Dovis podium for 3rd or Cal battling with Stoner, not the fact the 'AMA hero' recovered to be ..... 10th!!!

As for simoncbr...good to know there is another remedy for sleep deprivation..

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

........oooohhh dear,not had sex ever have we......alot of anger in those peas for bollox........do yourself a favour go and hire one of those rent boys to blow off your steam....litle boy

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

What the Hell

is it with Cal and MotoGP starts? Has he ever reached the frist corner and not been overtaken? I thought that was a poor showing from Cal today, it's no good showing great speed in qualifying if your then not going to show it in the race. And as eddl has suggested Cal just doesn't seem aggressive enough. Cal was well and truly whooped by Dovi today and Cal needs to get a handle on this before it's too late.

But for Christ's sake get those starts sorted Cal.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

You don't win two races in two laps.

Definition of that go back to Assen last year early as lap one when Ben dived inside of Lorenzo and built a lead which he controlled throughout the whole race without being troubled.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

hmmmm ...

it's academic now, but it would have been interesting to have seen how the Repsol bikes would have performed with a softer rear tyre. it looked an odd choice with most of the field going for the softer rubber. now Stoner is trying to deflect attention by having a moan about the Marquez penalty/non-penalty fiasco - sounds like he's going to have a dig at Dorna/FIM from now on with the slightest excuse.

poor elbowz, once again demoaning a lack of luck for Spies, not a mistake that he alone made by binning the bike and throwing away a probable podium finish. i admire your optimism, elbowz, when you say 'when' Spies wins ..... the fact that you keep dragging up Assen from last year is pretty desperate.

what a waste of a good qualifying performance by Spies. yet another error in the catalogue of mistakes in 2012 ..... although i'd blame the Circuit de Catalunya, Fernando Torres and King Juan Carlos I. Spies is once again totally blameless for events completely outside his control ...... ;)

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices