Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo wins home race at Catalunya MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo wins home race at Catalunya

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt   says:

Jorge Lorenzo wins home race at Catalunya

Jorge Lorenzo showed why Yamaha is so desperate to keep and why Honda might have to break the bank to sign him for 2013 after he claimed a third win of the season in his home race at Catalunya today. The Spaniard increased his lead in the world championship to 20-points after closest rival Casey Stoner could only finish fourth. Lorenzo brilliantly...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (03 June 2012 14:05)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

hedgehog

i agree dovi (to be expected) and cal (keeps surprising me) are probably punching above their weight, i have no doubt that dovi will get some more podiums, can cal...well he needs to get better starts and hang on to the leaders, but he battled hard with stoner today which will improve his confidence no end.

ben spies seems to be having a sort of toselend season at the mo, he can still turn it around though, but both dovi and cal look like they're not going to let up. i'm not too sure what the deal is with smith, but herve will have to do some head scratching, presently herve and yamaha must be over the moon with the results so far.

bye

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

.....and Dovi's

one win was way better......hmmm.....The way I remember was Stoner and Hayden starting with wet tires at Donington in 2009. Lorenzo, Pedrosa, Rossi, Toni Elias  all crashing and Dovi being gifted the position makes his win better.

You have the balls to tout Dovi as better with his gifted win when Rossi, Stoner, Pedrosa, Lorenzo all had their problems and say that Spies did not whoop ass Dovi and Stoner at Assen. Spies led fro the start of the race and was never gifted any position. Simo and Lorenzo crashed and by the end of the first lap Ben had opened up a gap and continued opening up the gap. No one had an answer for him for the next 27 laps. Stoner so dominant could not even close it on Spies.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

One thing for sure

Ben win was not gifted and he won it the same year that Casey was so dominant that Casey should have been able to reel him in, but try as he mght Ben answered him.

Dovi was lucky and gifted that day by the rain gods and still he almost got beat by DePuniet and Edwards.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

Just for you Spies haters take a look at this clowns apart from his fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRLNr8iMTZI&feature=related

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Y.racer

Ben needs to sort his head out , or team .

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Jolly

He was held up by Pedrosa was he? Yeah and everybody said Cal was held up by Stoner until he pissed off into the distance.

What has Cal and Stoner got to do with Pedrosa / Spies - sod all. Fairly obvious Spies was a lot quicker than Pedrosa at that time. How many laps would you suggest he stayed behind him? He needed to clear him, he tried and it went wrong - that's it. He's not the first and won't be the last.

All very well citing Lorenzo's mature ride - didn't he run wide around the 8th lap. Exactly the same mistake as Spies, an 'unforced' error all by himself as you put it. What was the difference? - other than Lorenzo was more fortunate and didn't run out of track. Stoner also went wide which allowed Crutchlow through early on.

Your claim that other riders could have jumped them doesn't really hold much water does it? Look at the final result.

Brilliant reasoning with the benefit of hindsight. You think they all know the potential of every other rider on the track which enables them to decide how fast to go and when?

Stop making excuses for him.

I don't need to make excuses for him and I wasn't. Just don't agree with every rider's every move put under the microscope and armchair analysed resulting in the continual slagging they get.

My opinion on Spies is that he is a much better rider than his results this year show. Something is going on. He's not going to win the title but there are only two that can. The rest are racing for 3rd backwards unless something extraordinary happens. Perhaps they should all be sacked for not winning as they obviously aren't trying hard enough

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Benny

It was only lap 3 of a GP - he had passed-by his pits twice before to see the same thing on his board: -0 PED and +0 LOR. He knew it was Jorge, his team-mate, behind - not Stoner, Dovi or Cal.

Lorenzo is fighting for the championship. He isn't going to (and didn't) make a rash pass on a team-mate - not when they're both right behind the race leader, and going away at the front.

Easy to say again with hindsight. If Spies had stayed behind Pedrosa for 5 or 6 laps do you really think Lorenzo wouldn't have tried a pass. He had Stoner somewhere behind and he wouldn't want him coming past. At the time Spies made his move they weren't pulling away as about 1s covered the top 5 for the first few laps.

In Spies position he knows he's faster than Pedrosa so he did what he thought he should, it didn't work and he admitted he made a mistake. Imagine if he'd sat behind him for 6 or 7 laps and then got passed by both Lorenzo and Stoner (argument's sake) Imagine all the bitching about Spies can't overtake - he should have gone past Pedrosa etc etc.

Don't disregard the fact that Lorenzo himself ran wide chasing Pedrosa around 8th lap but was more fortunate than Spies with the outcome. It was the same mistake though, what's the difference? Stoner also ran wide early on which let Crutchlow thorugh.

So tell us Bulto, what kind of expression was Jarvis wearing when Spies stupidly threw his career away?

Same expression all team managers have when they see their rider crash.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

spies

head has gone......why try and do that when there`s no need to?????.....if he had the pace to run at the front but was 10th then fair enough,u need to try and pass asap before the leaders clear off.......but he was up dani`s exhaust.....lorenzo showed how to do it....wait,hounder,show a wheel,wait,hounder and boom dani cracks under pressure and runs wide.....no need for lorenzo to try a do or die lunge into a corner......what spies did was club racer stuff.......

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

What's

more interesting about that video that YamahaRacer posted was watching Cal starting sixth but getting to fourth by the first turn!

See Cal YOU CAN DO IT, you can overtake from the start of a race. Go on, do it again.

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

Have to disagree benny and bulto

Lin jarvis looked pissed off. In a kind of darkly angry way. Compare that to herve's quick outburst at le mans after watching both his riders (of his own-this is what puts food on my table-team) bin it at his home race. Herve's was definately in the 'i'm angry but i'll get over it camp' jarvis looked like he was going to carry that for a while. You've got to feel for ben, feeling the pressure and desperate to proove he can get results he goes for the move and bins it. Problem is at this level you have to be able to be a bit cooler than that. Put the paddock pressures aside and race the race infront of you, not sure as I could do it.

As for the race it was great to see Dovi getting to grips with the yamaha, as I always hoped he would, that was one of his best rides, plenty of grit and smooth style. With so much to ride for this year it's good to see him rising to it. And cal harrying stoner, brought a big smile to my face. Herve must be on cloud 9.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices