Skip to content

Discuss This No seventh heaven for Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > No seventh heaven for Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

No seventh heaven for Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi got a stark reminder of how difficult it is to challenge for the podium on Ducati’s factory GP12 machine yesterday when he finished the Catalunya Grand Prix in seventh place. Rossi arrived in Barcelona on a high after claiming his career best Ducati result with second place in Le Mans last month in wet conditions. But it was back to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (04 June 2012 09:07)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

There or thereabouts.

I would say it was 7th heaven. Rossi looked a couple of clicks away from having a big capable of winning in the dry. If you are still in sight of the leaders after ten laps you are there or thereabouts.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

An improvement for Rossi in the dry, but 17 secs is still a long way off the front with satellite bikes still in front of him, but he's chipping away and there's still a long way to go.

Reply to this Topic
davevr46

Feb 11

davevr46 says:

He is actually lapping within half a second in a 'race situation' , which is  better than hayden or anyother ducati.

resources.motogp.com/files/results/2012/CAT/MotoGP/RAC/analysisbylap.pdf

but come testing, or free practice it goes back upto 1-1.5 seconds.

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

I don't think Rossi will be on the duke next year

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Actually rather a good race from Rossi

But of course you need an Alien on board to make that Duke go proper fast as it's well capable of.

I see Rossis still got arse / elbow differentiation issues as he alternates between whinging about the front end and the rear end. The man really is an engineers worst nightmare as the back flips and inconsistencies continue unabated.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Bautista's take

Hilarious. 'I did what Valentino did to Lorenzo in 2009'. Ooops,I thought that kind of pass was reserved for goatsheadsoup.

7th was not too shabby,given he had Stoner in sight and Hayden was trolling around with 'iffy sensations'.

Will someone do the calc and expose the stats. I'm not interested in the Stoner/Rossi Ducati stats.

I'm surely interested in the Capirossi/Rossi Ducati stats. HA HA HA !

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

BETTER

Rossi is saying it the way it is. The bike still has issues but is improving. A lot of other riders would have called it a day by now. But both Rossi and Haydon still enjoy racing  even if they dont win. You have only got to see them watching the other races to know that. All you armchair racers that slag them of just remember they have both been world champions and have more talent at riding a motorcycle in their little fingers than all you lot put together. So next time Rossi has a critisismn of the bike. i think he is in a lot better position than you guys to make a judgment    

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Tell you why Wosi

Without Preziosi you would not have a Ducati GP or SBK bike to bitch about.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Ratcheting it up and all

Come on you statisticians ! Catalunya 2003. Capirossi was it ? Next time Rossi does anything noteworthy for Ducati will be his first time.

Ironic ain't it. Capirex calls it a day end of 2011 and Stoner calls it a day early 2012. Ingrid and Adriana influence maybe. Kids and all.

They were a great pair of team mates actually. Many similarities in a sense. Go for broke on the D16 or settle for mediocre 7th.

Sepang 2005 emphasises a Preziosi point. My,my,how time flies by.  Time to roll out the old pipe frame and alloy swingarm retaining the LD16 of course,lest Flo bitch about a lack of surfeit horsepower down any straight on any Sunday.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

How has Preziosi still got a job..?

How has Rossi?

Anyone else would have been shown the door long ago.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices