Skip to content

Discuss This No seventh heaven for Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > No seventh heaven for Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

No seventh heaven for Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi got a stark reminder of how difficult it is to challenge for the podium on Ducati’s factory GP12 machine yesterday when he finished the Catalunya Grand Prix in seventh place. Rossi arrived in Barcelona on a high after claiming his career best Ducati result with second place in Le Mans last month in wet conditions. But it was back to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (04 June 2012 09:07)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

stoner wont have a job

at the end of the season,hasn't got the passion anymore......

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

He's just so much better than this bike - a true racer - awesome.

Stoner was.......Rossi 'aint. The facts speak for themselves.

Vale yrs ago would have busted his balls at every turn, no doubt. Todays Vale don't.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

You left wanker-mode on, Benny

"unlike Stoner who is currently being humbled by his team-mate Pedrosa."

Being humbled by beating him in the championship?  Man, I know you're not that retarded.

Rossi has shown an uncanny ability to develop the Ducati backwards.  The good news is that they're now listening to Hayden's feedback and will continue to improve if they keep doing so.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Rossi awesome eh Benny?

It seems your expectations of his abilities have sunk as low of those of the man himself. From Rossi on down to all the Oompa Loompa's, they're all happy with his 7th. Because they all know that's his true station in the modern world. It's not shrunken onions as Bob suggested, but more a case of the others knowing they had to raise their game to a higher level whilst Rossi desperately tried to stem the tide through machinations more foul than fair.

Game over for the old boy. Put him on a RCV or a M1 and positions won't change. I really hope he is on a Jap bike next year just to make his free fall complete.

Reply to this Topic
joshvesey

Nov 10

joshvesey says:

go to superbikes

i thinks he should go to superbikes, thats when racers who are in there older years win championships. i just cant wait for it to stop being the valentino rossi show and focus on the up and coming riders like bradl, he is doing an amazing job or our own crutchlow. ive supported him for years and years. i hope someone fills that honda seat before marquez gets it, i really dont like that kid, it always seems like he can get away with murder, is it me? nah i just dont like him lol

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Define 'huge equipment advantage' Benny

You seem to be mistaking the incredible D16 - the most powerful (285++ hp according to DE remember) GP machine on the grid for a CRT. Hardly Preziosi's fault old butter balls is too scared to pull the trigger properly.

There's a strong argument to be made that the RCV213 is the worst factory bike on the grid and that once more Stoner has over achieved on a recalcitrant motorcycle.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Tetsu

Rossi develope the Ducati backwards??????...... He has got a long way to go to beat Stoner, who from 2007-10 got the Ducati to perform worse each year. Now after the Honda was a top package in 2011, Stoner is again bringing the bike down. He ought to start using Pedrosa's settings, then he might  do alot better.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Maybe not backwards

"Rossi develope the Ducati backwards??????"

Not so much backwards ... more like throw it off the cliff, straight to rock-bottom and barely budged since.  That might change with Ducati listening to Hayden more (fingers crossed).

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

TweedleDum or TweedleDee?

Both as bad as each other. A thorough sweep out of washed up WC's is what Corse need.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Ignore the facts

I thought you might want to ignore the fact that Stoner is the king of spoiling any developement. I think he knows it himself, that's why he is retiring, to save himself any more embarrassment

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices