Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner not worried by Lorenzo’s lead MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner not worried by Lorenzo’s lead

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner not worried by Lorenzo’s lead

Casey Stoner says he’s not worried about Jorge Lorenzo’s healthy points lead in the MotoGP world championship after the Australian saw his quest for a 20th successive podium end in Catalunya yesterday. Chatter and a lack of grip with his hard compound Bridgestone rear tyre selection left the reigning world champion in fourth position. It was the first time in his Honda...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (04 June 2012 09:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

YES!

He blamed chatter! I was right! What do I win?

I think we should have a lottery of somekind every race weekend

"Guess the stoner whinge and win a prize"  

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Purely out of interest

would this hard compound tyre that allegedly lost grip and chattered, be the same tyre that apparently worked in qualifying and caused stoner to sneer that he couldn't understand why people were going out on the soft tyre as it could only set a quick time for one lap and that there was no way it could work in the race?

People seem so surprised that casey is retiring, but with calls like that it seems like the sensible thing to do. Well done casey!

Reply to this Topic
aced77

Jun 12

aced77 says:

This is why

For Casey to say that he is not the slightest bit dissapointed not to have beaten Rossi and Agostini in the all time consecutive podium finishes is hard to believe, seriously!? I want to like Casey but he just seems to come accross as a real tool? why not just say "I made a few mistakes today and I hope to be back on the winners podium next race"??

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

‘ Tis true ...

After Round 5 @ Catalunya in 2011 – Lorenzo led Stoner by 15 points – 106 to 91. Remember too that Stoner got 0 points @ Jerez in Round 2 in 2011 when a certain excitable Italian bloke mixed up his ambition with his ability & knocked Stoner off... So, trailing @ this exact juncture when compared to last year by just 5 less Points isn’t any great tragedy.

Talking facts, instead of infantile insults - of more concern to Stoner must be that the “new” Type 33 Bridgestones cause even more “chatter” on the RC213V than the “old” ones do. And with Stoner the only guy that could get enough heat into the old, hard compound, front (and this suited him perfectly) to make it work superbly for him – and which will be off the menu from Silverstone – HRC really do have to find a solution to the “Dorna 4 x kg ballast” issue. With Honda being the masters of “mass centralisation” – the added weight seems to have unduly upset Stoner’s applecart a good bit more than the lighter Pedrosa. In retrospect, both he & Pedrosa must regret not going with everyone else on the softer compound @ Catalunya... even Stoner himself correctly predicted B4 the race this was the very first Round in 2012 that would be a battle of tyres.

In his pre-race interview here in Oz, he stated his plan was to hang back & stay out of trouble in the early laps & rely on the “better wearing” hard compound to pick-up the pace & move up in the latter stages. It never happened, of course. Dani went like a streak of weasel piss & everyone on the “softs” buggered-off and never came back to him at all. This was a triumph for Bridgestone, proving that the newer flexible carcass & softer compound wears well & is “manageable” all race long. HRC shot themselves in the foot with this one – but the riders obviously chose on the basis of experience & testing. So ... c’est la vie!

Lorenzo is riding superbly, not allowing any significant error to date - or having the weight of trying so hard to defend his Title and making wee mistakes – as he did last year @ Silverstone in that crash-fest caused by so much Brit liquid sunshine.
I wondered if armchair “experts” such as ratchetman & supermasturbator et al were thinking of complaining to Tech Trois about Crutchlow’s “reluctance” to risk life & limb in attempting to get a pass on Stoner. For big, honking Geese & Zombies of that ilk - have a read of Cal’s comments on this very site: “I think if I could have passed Casey I could have gone with Andrea. I was strong in some parts of the track and Casey in others, so each time I'd close up, he would be able to pull away and manage the gap. I couldn't do anything else to get by him but he's not the World Champion for nothing. He rode brilliantly and I've got to be happy to be so close to him on a track I've only raced on twice now...” Not too bad on the “wrong” tyres (as at Le Mans in Round 4 too where Stoner & Pedrosa both “fried” them) is it?

Take it in and learn something – for a change – instead of hurling stupid & shallow accusations of a distinct lack of guts around – as you did for Lorenzo, who also couldn’t get past Stoner in Rounds 2 or 3 @ Jerez & Estoril either. Of course, geniuses like you lot prefer to think his 2 x World Titles & 42 x GP Wins came in a plain brown wrapper in the mail.
Roll-on Silverstone & let’s see what the next chapter holds for 21012.
Cheers

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Didn't Pedrosa also run the hard tyre?

and where did he finish?..........

..........and dosen't everybody have to run the type 33 tyre?

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

PURELY OUT OF INTEREST

SuperMario, Stoner was simply wondering why certain riders were using up part of their allocation of soft tyres in FREE PRACTISE, simply to put in a fast lap rather than saving them for qualifying, which is what he did and got pole.

O.K. his tyre choice didn't work for the race due to track temperature on the day, but he is having a real hard time with the new Bridgestones (and he's not alone).

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

2x world championships

arriving in the mail. Funnily enough I was thinking about this earlier. Stoner arrives to Ducati, and finds a bike that has been developed by others, and is easily the fastest bike on the grid thanks to its ridiculous straight line speed advantage, he wins the title in the first year and then things go downhill.

2011, he collects the keys to the RCV, again easily the fastest bike on the track, developed by others, and this time brought to you by the pinnacle of manufacturers, the big H. He wins his first year out and then....well, I think you can see where this is going. Of course stoner has to retire! After ruining the Honda, he'll have nowhere else to go!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

aced77

Stoner isn't in it to set records, if he was he wouldn't be retiring at 27 years of age.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

Best machine the 2012 M1.

Well this season the trend is reversed the Yamaha is the best bike despite losing its main guys to their bitter rivals.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Mario you tool..

In the scenario you describe below, was Stoner riding those bikes as a one man team?...If it was just the bike, what the hell have his team mates been doing in that time. Cock!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices