Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow escapes injury in high-speed test crash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow escapes injury in high-speed test crash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow escapes injury in high-speed test crash

Cal Crutchlow has walked away from a high-speed fourth gear crash in the early stages of today’s MotoGP test session at the Catalunya circuit in Spain. The British rider was on only his second fast lap when he lost the front of his Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YZR-M1 machine at Turn 4. CCTV images beamed into the media centre showed debris spread...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (04 June 2012 11:43)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bruncvik

Aug 09

bruncvik says:

Phew

Glad he's ok. Another injury in time for Silverstone would have been a bummer.

Reply to this Topic
dasver

Jun 12

dasver says:

Overrated..

Lol! ....Crutchclown slow down don't go hurting yourself trying to catch/match Dovi, it's only a test.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

thank goodness he's ok ......

but at turn 4?  that's a 180 degree curve, certainly not a fourth gear corner.  wouldn't that be turn 9?  (i.e. Heikki Kovalainen's favourite corner in a McLaren ....)

Reply to this Topic
LouisVR46

Feb 12

LouisVR46 says:

CosherB

That is turn 3 I think your referring to. Turn 4 is the following corner that leads onto the slightly downhill section under a bridge I think.

Reply to this Topic
DARMHA900SS

Jul 09

DARMHA900SS says:

Glad he is OK!

It could have had a much more serious result.

I think this might actually be KARMA.

After all the fuss about who pays for the brake upgraid, he gets the brakes and totally destroys the bike.

If the team try and charge him for the replacement/fixing the bike he won't have much salary left at the end of the year. 

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

motogp

crutch didnt look to happy after sundays race , infact he looked p****d right off .

Looks like Dovi is going to take cals mantel as top tech3 rider.....damb and blast .

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

GOOD RIDER

Crutlow is the best British MOTOGP prospect for years and all you guys can do is slag him of. If he could improve his starts he would be on the podium for sure. I think that MOTOGP should be looking at more WSB riders to bring to MOTOGP Rea and davies spring to mind 

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

GOOD RIDER

Crutlow is the best British MOTOGP prospect for years and all you guys can do is slag him of. If he could improve his starts he would be on the podium for sure. I think that MOTOGP should be looking at more WSB riders to bring to MOTOGP Rea and davies spring to mind 

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Naaa....

T.sykes should be given a chance in motogp , the blokes on fire at the moment .

Very few slag cal on here.......

He has a lot of supporters on the mcn forums .

Benny , i just hope cal isnt moving slowly into "win it or bin it" mode .

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

ratchetman

I agree with you ,He has had a crash in testing unfortunately but it is just that ,If you don't push to the limit you are not a top motogp rider he is gaining experience week by week,He is our best prospect for years ,Lets hope he is in top shape for Silverstone,support him not criticise his efforts

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices