Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow escapes injury in high-speed test crash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow escapes injury in high-speed test crash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow escapes injury in high-speed test crash

Cal Crutchlow has walked away from a high-speed fourth gear crash in the early stages of today’s MotoGP test session at the Catalunya circuit in Spain. The British rider was on only his second fast lap when he lost the front of his Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YZR-M1 machine at Turn 4. CCTV images beamed into the media centre showed debris spread...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (04 June 2012 11:43)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Either do i.....

800cc 4st have the all round characteristics of a 500gp 2st .

1000cc 4st have the all round characteristics of a WSB bike .

The new 1000cc gp bikes are closer to a WSB bike , there softer and easyer to ride than the old 800cc or 500gp .

or

What is closer to a gp bike -

1. a 220 bhp , 200+mph , electronicly fed WSB bike .

2. a 145 bhp , 170+mph , 600cc bike .

I know which i would choose .

There just seems to a far larger gap between Moto2 bikes and Motogp bikes , than there is between WSB bikes and Motogp prototypes .

WSB 1000s are a level above Moto2 , but a level below Motogp . There in the middle .

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Benny

i am not in any real danger of "talking bollox"......couse i am there already , talking bollox:lol:.

Anyway , that is only the very basics

ching ching:sleep:

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Cal Crashslow

He would be spectacular on a Ducati.  A British de Puniet.

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Benny

you need to learn , that you dont have to answer every post :lol:

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Too much credit

Stoner never matched Rossi's three DNFs in a row and that's when Rossi confessed to only giving 70%.  Imagine what he could do if he had the balls to push the bike to the limit!

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Lucky

For cal he escaped injury. He's doing a great job this year and I'm hoping for more!! Home GP coming up. I recon he can rise to the occation. Goooooo cal!!!

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

trailler

"800cc 4st have the all round characteristics of a 500gp 2st ." What a load of crap. Those 500s were animals, the 800s were far from it. Partly because a high revving four stroke will never produce a sudden huge gob of torque in the way a two stroke will. And partly because like the 1000cc bikes the 800s came with start, traction and wheely control - even if those 800s had been as brutal as the 500s all those electronics would have taken the edge off them. The 800s and 1000s even "know" where they are on the circuit and adjust the maps accordingly. I would have liked to have seen the 800s or even the 1000s without all that electronic gubbins, but it's not going to happen any time soon.

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

Sharp End

An ex WSS man at the sharp end? I had to really think hard about that. Who could he be talking about? Lorenzo? No he came up through the ranks the usual way. Stoner or Pedrosa? Likewise. Then I realised he meant Crutchlow. At the sharp end? Look, Trailler, Cal's doing well don't get me wrong. But fifth in the standings and not a podium to his name, that's not the sharp end. You're not at the sharp end until you are regularly challenging for a race win and with the best will in the world to Cal that only includes Lorenzo, Stoner and Pedrosa. I'm pretty sure Spies will get his arse in gear soon and I reckon he will finish the year ahead of Cal.

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Jollyboy

1. I said the 800s had " chararcteristics " like the 500s , or should i say similar .

2. Overall , Crutchlow is at the pointy end , at the front  . He is consistantly in the top 5 , he is not at the back of the pack , and he certanly isnt in the middle......., he is at the front!! .

3. And you had to think about that..........!! , bloody hell jolly , your sharper than that .

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

The pointy midfield

His average finish so far is fifth (well actually 5.2th) from a field of 12 prototypes. Sounds very much mid field to me. How is it the pointy end? Please explain.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices