Skip to content

Ask an Expert Lake Como Camping? Touring & travel

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Touring & travel > Lake Como Camping?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

frazmataz

Jan 11

frazmataz says:

Lake Como Camping?

Hi folks, taking in Lake Como as part of a tour in July and i was just wondering if anyone could share there experiences with where they camped? Theres sooo many to choose from looking online.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (04 June 2012 20:05)

Post a message in Touring & travel

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
R1der8118

Mar 12

R1der8118 says:

Lake Como

Funnily enough, Lake Como is just up the road, I live in Varese. When are you heading over? Are you driving down? Let us know where you are thinking of camping and maybe I could do a recce for you!

Pete

Reply to this Topic
RoadTrekker

Sep 11

RoadTrekker says:

Lake Como Camping

I was there last year in July and it was very busy we had to try about 3or 4 campsites before we got squeezed in a corner. They do not like overnighters they prefere if you stay for the week which I can understand but it does not help when you are moving on every day.

I am sure you will gte in somehwere but maybe not where it si your first choice, lovely place to stay and clean water to swim in. Buy a bottle of wine and kick back on the shore of the lake in the evening.
I intetend to go back again soon.
Good luck:laugh::laugh:

Reply to this Topic
RoadTrekker

Sep 11

RoadTrekker says:

Lake Como Camping

I was there last year in July and it was very busy we had to try about 3or 4 campsites before we got squeezed in a corner. They do not like overnighters they prefere if you stay for the week which I can understand but it does not help when you are moving on every day.

I am sure you will get in somehwere but maybe not where it is your first choice, lovely place to stay and clean water to swim in. Buy a bottle of wine and kick back on the shore of the lake in the evening.

Reply to this Topic
RoadTrekker

Sep 11

RoadTrekker says:

Lake Como Camping

I am sure you will get in somehwere but maybe not where it is your first choice, lovely place to stay and clean water to swim in. Buy a bottle of wine and kick back on the shore of the lake in the evening.

Reply to this Topic
RoadTrekker

Sep 11

RoadTrekker says:

Lake Como Camping

Reply to this Topic
RoadTrekker

Sep 11

RoadTrekker says:

Lake Como Camping

Reply to this Topic
RoadTrekker

Sep 11

RoadTrekker says:

Lake Como Camping

Reply to this Topic
frazmataz

Jan 11

frazmataz says:

RoadTrekker

Is there an echo in here?:lol:

I was thinking it would be busy, but the good thing is that there seem to be plenty of sites around. I am planning on stopping for at least three nights, hopefully they should be happy with that.

R1der8118; A recce would be great!!

I'll be riding over end of July heading through Belguim>Germany>Switzerland>Italy. Defo will be camping, I was looking at the following;

http://www.magiclake.it/

This does seem to be quite popular so will need to see what availability is like, lots of other sites in this area also so  i should at least find something. :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
R1der8118

Mar 12

R1der8118 says:

frazmataz

Looks like a decent place, its a fair lick up the side of Como but keep meaning to take a trip up there myself. Ive cycled all round Maggiorie and obviously lake Varese but Como was next on my list. When I get my R1 over end of the month I'll take a ride up and check it out. Wouldn't camping up there myself. That and Lake Garda are pretty decent. Good luck on the ride down, bit apprehensive myself but will see how it goes.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices