You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Tyres > Tyres for Daytona 675

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

mejefferson

Jun 12

mejefferson says:

Tyres for Daytona 675

I have Pirelli Diablo Corsa 3's on my Daytona 675 which are nearly 4 years old and have just got a nail in the middle of the rear. Would you advise having it repaired or changing for new due to the age of the tyres? If changing for new what tyres would you recommend? I am a fair weather weekend rider, new to riding but steadily speeding up. I am also planning to do occassional track days. Many thanks.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (04 June 2012 20:54)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Get them replaced they are well past their best after 4 years.

I take it you dont do massive amounts of milage if you still have the original tytres after 4 years, so wear rate shouldn't be a leading factor for you.

If you plan on doing the occasional track day you will need something a bit sporty. I had the Daytona and fitted the Michelin Pilot Pures.

They work really well on that bike and transform the handling due to the lightness of the tyres. Acceleration and turn in speed is all noticeably improved.

They are not an out and out track tyre, so should give you relatively decent milage with the gri[p to cope with the occasional track day.

Reply to this Topic
Dabbsy

Aug 02

Dabbsy says:

tyres

After four years on those wheels the time has come to replace those tyres with some fresh rubber. As you don’t plan to rack up the miles and you want to try your hand on the track, look at sports tyres and there are plenty to choose from; Neevesy reckons the Dunlop SportSmarts, Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsas, Bridgestone S20s or Metzeler Sportec M5s are at the top of the tree, followed closely by the Michelin Pilot Pures.

Reply to this Topic
mejefferson

Jun 12

mejefferson says:

Tyres

Thanks for the replies, I will certainly be changing the tyres then and will have a good look at those recommended.

For future reference, at what age is a bike tyre considered past it's best, disregarding tread wear?

Reply to this Topic
robsot

Feb 10

robsot says:

Keep it on corsa 3's pal.. they are the bollocks!

Reply to this Topic
rocketzx6r

Apr 12

rocketzx6r says:

tyres

Dont be a tyre snob,bang on some maxxis sport tyres,if your new to riding you wont find tyre limits for a year or so,if you get a nail a week after you wont be gutted,i ride maxxis and out ride a lot of guys with expensive rubber,if they are good enough for Guy Martin ,enough said

Reply to this Topic
robsot

Feb 10

robsot says:

i ahd maxxis tyres once and hated them.. corsa's arnt really that expensive anyway but offer a shit load more grip than the maxxis tyres i had once.. although maybe maxxis tyres are better now...

Reply to this Topic
rocketzx6r

Apr 12

rocketzx6r says:

tyres

I think your right they were bollocks years ago but so were skoda,s,Maxxis have really took off with MX and mountain bike tyres,i have been running Maxxis for 9 months,really took to them,put a set on the car they were so crap had them off before a year.

Reply to this Topic
mejefferson

Jun 12

mejefferson says:

The Maxxis are tempting as they are cheap and I have had some experience with them on my van and car. I did notice an appreciable difference in grip on those vehicles which didn't really matter but think I will play it safe and go for one of the bigger names for my bike. I've researched all the tyres recommended on this thread and the Dunlop Sportsmarts have stood out so I think I'll give them a go. Also I've found a website doing them at a pretty good price, not too much more than the Maxxis so I recon worth the extra.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
rocketzx6r

Apr 12

rocketzx6r says:

tyres

Tyres are a nightmare choosing them,the wrong tyre may not make much technical difference but it can wreck your confidence on the bike,you have got to be happy with what you have got on

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices