Skip to content

Discuss This New swingarm confusion for Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > New swingarm confusion for Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

New swingarm confusion for Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi admitted he is struggling to explain why a new aluminium swingarm he tested with positive results in Mugello recently created major chatter issues during yesterday’s Catalunya test. Rossi felt the new swingarm improved corner entry grip in Mugello but he ditched it after the first day of practice at Catalunya because it created a chatter issue. Rossi tried again to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (05 June 2012 12:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
twowheeledfiend

Oct 08

Oh dear

Another set back. The development, or lack there of, is continuation of bad form from Ducati. Rossi must have itchy feet for a different ride next season. I reckon we'll know where Rossi wants to be next season after he receives the engine upgrades at Laguna. If they're no good, I reckon he's jumping ship.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

A green orange? WTF!

You can't blame Ducati when this clown is sending his team to the bakery to buy a fkn lawnmower with sliding opaque windows!

18 months of embarrassing contradictions and useless feedback, he truly is clueless!

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Bob, you are really struggling mate

I've read some weak comments from you lately but its seems, like casey, you're continuing on a downward spiral.

Must try harder!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Well you were half-right, Mario

It was Rossi complaining about the chatter.  Hahahaha.

Development genius?  Hahahahaha.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Once again tetsuo you've failed to understand plain english

Rossi is talking about a part he has tested, what he's not doing is blaming the loss of a race on chatter. Do you see how that works ?

Reply to this Topic
twowheeledfiend

Oct 08

Feedback

Rossi doesn't make his own swingarm does he? So he to told the engineers it feels good in Mugello, fine. Tells them it gives him chatter in yesterday's test, also fine. So where is the contradiction? He's telling the engineers what he feels after he uses it. It's up to Ducati to use the data and try to pin point the flaws of the equipment, then come up with something else. 

Maybe someone should come up with a feedback form for Rossi to fill out after each run Bob? That way specific questions could be answered without contradiction eh? 

Question 
1: What bike are you riding? 
2: With 5 being excellent and 1 being shite, what score would you give your experience on the Ducati? 
3: In what area do you think the bike could be improved on? 
4: Choose one of the following areas where you feel the bike is lacking in performance i.Braking ii.Engine iii.Chassis iiii.Tyres 

I could be on to something here :smile

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Whatevs

"Rossi is talking about a part he has tested"

Not just tested ... but given the Rossi seal of approval!  Only to be retracted after Hayden schooled him with the better part.  Genius!

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I must have missed that tetsuo

can you point out to me where it says that in the article?

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

No problems

But first, you've gotta stop being a complete moron.  Deal?

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

lads

The bottom line is that rossi wil be moving to honda so none of this matters.  He doesnt want to battle jorge on the same equip, so he will take the sweet honda and make it sweeter. Someone already mentioned that casey doesnt seem to be able to develop a bike, and i agree.  The thing is he doesnt have to . I am a loyal rossi fan ( he's given us so much entertainment over the years, and love or hate him, no one can deny that lemans was more exciting when he was in the battle). Th thing with casey is hes fast on anything, a la hailwood. He doesnt understand the subleties of set up, he just jumps on and pins it to great results. I dont even like stoner but he has shown a lot of class in the last couple of years and i have found respect for him. I agree with him that they should stop effing with the rules and let the riders have consistency in the bikes so they can let their talent show.  Rossi will go to honda next year and he will have a great teamate in pedrosa who will win some but still be in awe of the doctor and so BOTH will battle jorge and rossi will come out on top. Then he will go to superbikes and have fun running cirles around that wanker rea, who has shown disrespect for the great one without proving himself.  Have at it boys!!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices