Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What do you think of ITV4's TT coverage? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: What do you think of ITV4's TT coverage?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: What do you think of ITV4's TT coverage?

With Whitham, Plater, Parrish and super-slow-motion cameras, you can't deny ITV have put some effort into their TT coverage. What do you think of it? Don't forget to add your comment after the poll  pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (06 June 2012 12:05)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
johnlad1

Mar 11

johnlad1 says:

to much tennis

there showing hours of tenis

why cant they show us a few of the races live or am i just not looking hard enough

Reply to this Topic
Skinhead1967

May 12

Skinhead1967 says:

No you're being too sensible. We must cater for the idle rich & snobs first.

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

TT Coverage

I would rather see live coverage.  Highlights are all well and good but it's much better to see it as it happens. 

Reply to this Topic
deandive

Apr 07

deandive says:

Why not live?

I like the ITV coverage, Parrish and Whit are a class act. I think the bbc would do well to replace Charlie Cox with Whit for moto gp I think the coverage could be much better if they provided live coverage. Every time I log onto twitter Foggy has let slip the result thus rendering the highlights show redundant other than for entertainment value, may have to unfollow foggy lol

Reply to this Topic
colin1950

Jun 12

colin1950 says:

Sorry - Only Average

I've been disappointed by Whit & Steve Plater who sometimes seem to lose their way in the commentary. Whit is much better and very knowledgeable/informative at BSB races. The editing isn't up to much either as there seems to be no real continuity. even the commentators are getting mixed up occasionally over which rider has come into camera shot. Have also been disappointed that there was no mention of the Norton during the superbike race despite a later programme showing Ian Mackman being well up in the privateers cup. It's possible that ITV takes it's pictures from a Duke Video feed as they have all the cameras in place and that's why the commentary is a bit off as it is being added after editing. This could also be why there is no live coverage - Duke copyright or something. On a positive note, love the super slow motion shots and as always, the brilliant racing. Add in the good weather and I wish I was there rather that writing this at work. In any case thanks to ITV4 for at least putting on some kind of a show, it's a lot better than nothing.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Live... or death?

Live coverage of someone getting smeared along the road at 190mph might impact on the IoM's economy, they don't like the inconvenient truth about the Snaefell Mountain Course being publicised.

Or maybe the real reason is that the track is far too long for live coverage footage...?

Reply to this Topic
simplebystander

Oct 10

Personally, I think its pretty good and can appreciate why it's not live - it would take too long for a start - and in my opinion it wouldn't be as interesting to watch due to the TT's against the clock rather than against the rider nature.  The fact they can edit the race means that they can pick out the key battles on track and focus on them rather than trying to guess in advance.

As for the commentary Whitham is superb, Plater less so - he just doesn't seem a natural commentator, but maybe it will come with experience.  I've never been convinced by Parrish though - not so bad on the TT, but the moronic things he comes out with on his MotoGP commentary really winds me up.

Reply to this Topic
james1987

Aug 06

james1987 says:

I think the coverage has been great, and I appreciate the time it takes to edit it before it comes on TV is necessary. Slightly off topic, but I was properly pi**ed off when I got my weekly MCN email through with McGuinness takes 19th TT win in the subject line. There was almost no point watching the race since I knew who had won already. I don't care if it's news, put that crap in the body of the email with a spoiler alert or something above it. I get the option of not clicking on the sport section of the website if I haven't watched a race yet, but I can't avoid an email's subject line when it comes straight through to my iPhone. Rant over.

Reply to this Topic
kwackanacki

Nov 09

kwackanacki says:

Tennis

Alright but not happy at waiting for the tennis, who wants to watch a bunch of puffs playing with their balls - bring on the real motor sport, rode the course on practice week and got to say "awsome" couldn't believe it, no motor sport will ever match it! - and the riders hero's - all of them.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

the harsh reality is that the TT is a minority interest of a minority sport in the UK.  if more people watched the TT than the French Open tennis, I very much doubt that ITV4 would be showing 11 hours per day from Roland Garros.

to try and broadcast a time trial over a 38-mile lap live would be a nightmare - that's why short circuit racing is held over 2.5 to 3.5 mile laps.  i reckon ITV are doing a pretty good job of the coverage - bear in mind that the BBC only used to do a couple of hours or so to cover the whole event.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices