Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What do you think of ITV4's TT coverage? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: What do you think of ITV4's TT coverage?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: What do you think of ITV4's TT coverage?

With Whitham, Plater, Parrish and super-slow-motion cameras, you can't deny ITV have put some effort into their TT coverage. What do you think of it? Don't forget to add your comment after the poll  pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (06 June 2012 12:05)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

first class show

the reason I will definately be going to the tt now !

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

It's the most complete TT coverage I've ever seen. Got to be a good thing for the TT. The proliferation of TV channels has given the large corporations a chance to cover minority sports with a hard core following in much greater detail and this is obviously an experiment for ITV4. Long may it continue. The fact that they have an hour of air time, repeated, every day for the whole TT can only increase the popularity of the TT, leading in itself to more air time. You only have to look at the rise and fall of rugby league to see how important air time is to a sport and increased air time leads to increased participation which hopefully in the long term will lead to more McGuinesses and Crutchlows. Good job.

Reply to this Topic
johnlad1

Mar 11

johnlad1 says:

on the subject of tenis

as we all know tenis,football ect only require one ball road racing racing requires 2 large ones

Reply to this Topic
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

It's pretty good

it's better than MCN's coverage of the NW200   :)

Reply to this Topic
fattybatter

Jan 12

fattybatter says:

Could be better

If they are advertising that they have the TT why not do it properly?  Same as the BBC with Moto GP!

I was pretty happy with the programme and the build up was good with an insight to the preperation but why the races had to be shown at 21:00 and not live is beyond me.  It's always the motorsports that seem to loose out when it comes to schedules.

Reply to this Topic
johnlad1

Mar 11

johnlad1 says:

personaly

id have like even some very simple live coverage they have cameras all around the course anyway i wouldnt care but its the worlds most famous motorcycle race people come from around the world to watch it but we cant even watch it on mainland britian live on tv ???

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

colin1950

Norton won't be mentioned until Fridays Senior as that is the only race it is qualified for, Mackman is riding other bikes in the other races.

The coverage is pretty good, could do with more racing and less waffle but overall a decent enough show within it's limited time slot.

Reply to this Topic
petedj

Jan 11

petedj says:

Live would be better

The coverage is ok to good. Thanks Mr Whitham. Elbowing it in favour of tennis or watching paint dry shows how our sport is rated. Guess I will always be a second class citizen.

Reply to this Topic
THEB455INATOR

Jan 12

I thought that although it is the TT and there is nothing boring about it that ITV4 have some how made it boring... There's not enough coverage... Taking you around the pizza parlour... Just show us the bikes that's all we want to see... No one watches the TT and wonders "what's the local cuisine like"

Reply to this Topic
DLman123

Feb 11

DLman123 says:

The actual amount of coverage is poor. In an hour long program, when the intro, ending and all the ad breaks are added up there is just over 30 minutes for bikes. There is far too much waffle between those ex riders and as for those two old farts on the sidecar, Parish and Whitam, I could run faster on my bare feet. 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices