Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Who got you into bikes? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Who got you into bikes?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Who got you into bikes?

With father's day coming up we want to know who was responsible for your love of bikes.   pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (06 June 2012 12:45)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Ducati 900 SS

Many years ago a black and gold Ducati 900 SS pulled up at a zebra crossing I was standing at.

The noise of that thing was what got me into bikes.

Ducati bevel twins remain my all-time favourite bikes.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

The need for speed.

Reply to this Topic
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

Z1A

Early 70s. I guy pulled up with his chic pillion, and started talking to someone on the pavement. It was then, I knew that one day soon, I would be a Biker. The bike was obscenely beautiful, showing all its curves in public, with the most gorgeous candy make-up to go with it. It could have made it onto the centre pages of a top shelf mag. It wasn't till 77 that I got to ride one, by which time I'd fulfilled my dream of becoming a Biker. The Bike? Kawasaki Z1A. I mainly ride Italian and Classic Brit's now, but I will always have a soft spot/love for the Z1A. Thank you Mr Shozo Kawasaki!

Reply to this Topic
markg1150

Oct 09

markg1150 says:

early wsb

Foggy!!!! in a kieth huewn scream

was always into mx since birth, but watching foggy on the duke back when it was on sky sports turned me to road bikes. used to stay up to stupid oclock to watch the jap and usa races live then sleep through school

it was the mick doohan period so the 500`s was as snooze fest

Reply to this Topic
Doug66

Feb 06

Doug66 says:

Memories

Went on the back of Honda 400-4 in 1980 aged 14, with Alpha 4 into 1. What a glorious noise. Brought an old one when i passed my test at 17. Wish i still had it.

Reply to this Topic
pottersbar

Apr 06

pottersbar says:

Late 50's, reason, to impress the girls in my local village. Did it work, No.

But it annoyed the neighbours going up and down the road with the smell of CastrolR that I use to add to the petrol.

First motorised transport, 28cc Cyclemaster, those were the days.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Bit naughty

trying to impress the girls in the village if you're in your late fifties

Reply to this Topic
zebadee88

Jun 12

zebadee88 says:

Dad & Uncle Eric

It was all my Dad & Uncle Erics fault - honest lol

Both always had bikes when I was a kid, there wasn't as many cars about in the 60's! A Norton 650 Dominator & a Triton cafe racer were in the shed behind our house! Ariels, Velos, BSA & even a Vincent have figured along the way to

Dad last had a Triumph Bonny when I got my 1st FS1E in 1976 (together with severe sunburn from that long hot summer)

Been into bikes ever since, especially Kawasakis since I got on a GPZ1100 in 1982 (got the awesome ZZR now :-))

Reply to this Topic
zx12rbadassisnowzx6rbadass

Sep 11

when i was a babi

i climbed on my dads old cossack and it fell on me i burned my leg and must have bumped my head pretty hard cuz i aint looked back since faster faster faster yeyyyyy!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

A love of cycling, a holiday in Greece and lazyness....

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices