Skip to content

Discuss This Isle of Man TT: Norton qualifies for Senior TT & road races

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > TT & road races > Isle of Man TT: Norton qualifies for Senior

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Isle of Man TT: Norton qualifies for Senior

Norton has been officially notified it has qualified the Norton SG1 to race in the Senior TT - the most prestigious of the Isle of Man TT races after completing enough laps. The qualification is a huge boost for the resurgent British firm which suffered a torrid time at the TT in 2009 when the rotary-engined bike Michael Dunlop was riding...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (07 June 2012 12:43)

Post a message in TT & road races

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
birch466

Apr 11

birch466 says:

Norton well done

I can't get over the comments about how it's not really norton! It's built by Brits, passionate about what they are doing, trying to make the brand successful as it once was-also trying to keep to its traditional routes. I wasnt old enough to enjoy the old company, doesn't mean I don't appreciate what the guys are trying to do, I ride a triumph-been a life long dream, used to drive a mini and love tvr! Nothing wrong with pride in the countries products, yep tvr are Russian owned and triumph have changed immensely since they went bust and look a them now!

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

Sounds like

you really want to get that bike of yours going Benny. Tell you what you get an RSV4 engine bang it in a spondon frame ,add polished tank , throw a couple stripes at it and call it a HEDGEHOG. I will look for your entry in the TT next year . I will be there to support you , but if for any reason you are not there ,  I guess you will have to tip your  hat and have a bit of respect for the guys that have and are doing it.  NUFF SAID.

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

v2kiwi

Not that tired old argument again? "If you can't do better, blah, blah, blah." So you're saying that nobody is allowed to criticise anything unless they are willing to give it a try themselves? You're telling us you've never criticised anything in your life? Of course you have.

This company calling itself Norton claims to be a motorcycle manufacturer, Benny does not.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Stuart Garner

Doesn't seem to care too much Benny about what is what, so you could probably slap a RSV in a Spondon frame and call it a semi-worked Manx Norton Porcupine (not sure whatever industrialist / company that owns the AJS naming rights would think of that though). However I believe the more historic names you add to a bike the slower it becomes with the heavy baggage of history to carry.

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

Bunting ???

I,ll take 3 large roles STUART,. I,d like to roll the bride in it and put a return to sender ticket on it. I hav nt heard the end of. what we are missing in 2012 by not being in ENGLAND. LOL

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices