Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo: Front tyre switch is right choice MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo: Front tyre switch is right choice

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo: Front tyre switch is right choice

Jorge Lorenzo believes it is the right decision to introduce a new standard front tyre from next weekend’s British Grand Prix onwards. From the Silverstone round, the entire field will have to use a new softer construction front Bridgestone tyre, which was designed for better warm-up performance and more feel. The majority in MotoGP have liked the new softer option apart from...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 June 2012 13:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

strange that!

Jorge says exactly what I said yesterday that the new tyre is all about safety.
Tough shit bulto and nostro that your rider cant deal with it.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

new tyre

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/Catalunya+MotoGP+Bridgestone+postrace+debrief

The majority of riders prefer it for safety reasons.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

If Bridgestone say it's all good ...

... then it must be true, eh?

Funny how they didn't mention that not all teams are happy with the change.  Could it possibly be a PR release??  And could Jorge mean that it is the right choice for his championship prospects rather than the right choice for everyone's safety???

Sorry for being a cynic, but my bullshit detector has gone off the scale.

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Local artist in Lincoln, FB page (Jane Stanton Donnor Artist) in middle of new painting of Simoncelli. 5 bikes on one very big canvass. First bike done, check it out guys

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

What safety grounds?

Again, who's been bleating about the current tyre?

Where are the spat of crashes attributed to the current tyre?

Why are Bridgestone fixing a 'problem' that doesn't exist?

Why not continue to offer the current tyre as an option, since they've managed such a scenario for the last two rounds?

And finally is there any point to your existence at at Buelli?

Reply to this Topic
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

Rules are rules.

Sad for the Honda riders but the best thing the rest did not complain about it look forward to Silverstone next week.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

jorge wont complain

whatever hinders his main two rivals in the championship will make the Mallorcan smile just a bit more...

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Buel

Look exactly at what he is saying.

“It is bad luck for Honda in the sense that they have an issue to use this tyre because for the rest of us it seems to be working and it is the safer tyre on braking to avoid the crashes

If he prefers this tyre then it's natural to say he feels safer with it. It's relative. Show me where he says the current tyre is unsafe, is causing crashes and needs replacing.

Show me a quote from ANY rider who has complained about the current tyre being unsafe

Show me any rider who has lost the front end and crashed this year because of the front tyre

In your excitement to trash what I said you're getting confused with last year's tyre. What I said still stands and yet again you haven't been able to answer a question with a direct answer to back up your assumptions.

So again, show me a quote from one rider who has labelled this year's tyre as unsafe.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

I give up

So you still dont believe what they say is true.
You will find out more very soon but until then you just may not have been told the whole story.

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

nostro you moron everyone has been complaining except honda. Since bridgestone made a stickier rear tire to cope with the increased power of the 1000s, it has resulted in the front pushing. They dont make overnight tires anymore you fool, they are responding to feedback from quatar. Bridgestone in the 1000era were only good at specific tracks...brno motegi sepang,valencia...ie front end tracks. They are feeling their way and trying to give everyone an all round good tire not just cater to your loverboy stoner. Their is a lag between data and change. The real problem is that honda had to add 4kg to what was probably a perfectly developed bike. Dont worry though nostro honda will have it sorted for rossis.arrival in 2013.Aww is that crying i hear...dont worry it only gets worse dor you idiot

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices