Skip to content

BMW BMW S1000RR naked bike spied testing S1000RR

You are in... Forums > BMW > S1000RR > BMW S1000RR naked bike spied testing

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

BMW S1000RR naked bike spied testing

BMW is already well ahead in the development of a naked version of its class-leading S1000RR superbike as these spy shots taken at a BMW test facility reveal. The naked S1000RR – to be called the S1000SR according to insiders – looks highly developed with a specially designed half-fairing with a passing resemblance to that seen on the Aprilia RSV4 Tuono. It’s...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 June 2012 15:23)

Post a message in S1000RR

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hastyhughie

Aug 09

hastyhughie says:

Naked, so the experience of riding comes with a little more immediacy.  So leave the power there and just adjust it to a smooth curve that pulls from the bottom with a sweet wide midrange, a more neutral riding position with a little more room for long rides but not sit up and beg and leave the handling sharp. A sports bike focussed for the streets and the twists, keep it light, lively and aggressive, the only place it should suffer and only by a little to the full on superbike is at the track or at ludicrous speeds on ultimate roads. Soften nothing!! Just a slight refocus is all that is needed.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Bring it on

Tuono V4 V's S1000 naked, best on road boogie ever.......Happy days ;-)

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Naked

Should have a more comfortable saddle than a pure sport-bike has. Some re-tuning of the engine for better low-end and mid-range should be done, but combined with lower overall gearing to keep performance the same or better at quasi-legal speeds – who is going to ride a naked at 100+ mph for any distance anyhow, as the wind blast would get old in a hurry?

Reply to this Topic
Cazurela

Jun 10

Cazurela says:

Nice!

But why would they test it with an Akrapovic exhaust instead of the (future) stock one?

Reply to this Topic
HP2Sportfun

Apr 12

HP2Sportfun says:

Awesome

Now that's something worth a test ride at the very least! I wonder if it will have any "future" tech to be expected on other BMW bikes? Maybe the new adaptive suspension we have been hearing about?

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

I always Smile when....

people comment about things they have absolutely no idea about whatsoever. lol. piglet. ha ha ha ha ha . how is your scooter????

Reply to this Topic
Bruno21

Feb 12

Bruno21 says:

Piglet2010 you are a piece of shit.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Lack of Civility

@ Bruno21 – Happy to see that you present a polite and reasoned argument. </sarcasm>.  By the way, does calling someone a “POS” fit in with MCN posting guidelines?

@ snev – Another polite and reasoned argument. </sarcasm>.  Why are you not trading in your Hayabusa for a B-King for high speed riding then, if having a fairing does not matter?  Or do you just like being vile without having anything real to contribute?

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Piglet...Your too sensitive...

You bang on about your Scooter yet comment about a bike that hasn't even been released yet, a bike that would, in all probability scare the shite out of you especially in your native U.S.A. with all the hidden cops. As for the B King, I actually ride ,Pretty much every day of the year and would not want to do that on the B King....... That's because I actually rode one to find out........before making my judgement!!!! SARCASM not really..... VILE ? I say what I think.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

bruno21

Harsh.....but fair.!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN