Skip to content

BMW BMW S1000RR naked bike spied testing S1000RR

You are in... Forums > BMW > S1000RR > BMW S1000RR naked bike spied testing

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

BMW S1000RR naked bike spied testing

BMW is already well ahead in the development of a naked version of its class-leading S1000RR superbike as these spy shots taken at a BMW test facility reveal. The naked S1000RR – to be called the S1000SR according to insiders – looks highly developed with a specially designed half-fairing with a passing resemblance to that seen on the Aprilia RSV4 Tuono. It’s...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 June 2012 15:23)

Post a message in S1000RR

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bruno21

Feb 12

Bruno21 says:

Piglet2010 stop being a hypocrite,I have already seen some your comments about Ducati and I will say again that you are a hypocrite my son of the bitch,gay.Fuck you my ox.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Now People...

@ Bruno21 – “You may not use obscene or offensive language”, from http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Other/User-Policy/?. Would someone from the MCN staff inform us if the post below uses obscene and offensive language?

@ svev – You are being illogical, as well as rude. Enough said.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Piglet

you call me "vile, rude and illogical"...... so thats ok then...is it?

Reply to this Topic
Beer&Darts

Apr 08

Beer&Darts says:

Caution - egos ahead

Impressive and ludicrously quick I'm sure it will be, but I can't help but thinking that bikes in this class of bike need definite detuning and mods these days. Yes, I freely admit that I used to be in the "I'm hard" brigade, wanted no retuning, alterations to the drivetrain, changes of geometry etc but then that was when a 1000 sportsbike would be delivering around 120 rwhp.

Those days are long gone. Now we're talking up to 180 rwhp. Try using that on a sportsbike with no more modifactions other than high bars and no fairing. For a start, front end lift would be horrific, dangerously so. Then the fuel consumption would be intolerable because of increased drag at the same revs. You couldn't tour on it without a screen, and with all the power in the world on a naked bike you wouldn't get it significantly faster than about 150mph due to an exponential increase in drag. Then, the track ready suspension married with high bars and radical geometry would make it unstable on anything other than a billiard table smooth bit of tarmac.

"Ordinary" Jap nakeds that people so readily knock would be quicker on nearly every road, sportsbikes would still be quicker around a track, and tourers would still be better for everyday use. Your undiluted super-naked would be left essentially as a second-best choice for eveything, and end up being a bit of a pain in the arse as a result. So buy a bike like that the only thing that you end up is an ill-thought out tribute to your own ego. "Look at me, I'm hard". No - just foolish. It would be very much akin to comissioning a 6-foot golden statue of your own phallus and displaying it on your front lawn.

BMW are too clever to follow that path. The European super-naked stuff at the moment is living dangerously on the edge of irrelelvence and may just go the route of the sportsbike if things get any sillier. Try riding a Ducati Streetfighter and understand my meaning - it's very borderline, and if I'm being honest with myself my own 2011 Street Triple is too. We really don't need to push the envolope any further in terms of sportsbike tech on nakeds.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

"It would be very much akin to comissioning a 6-foot golden statue of your own phallus and displaying it on your front lawn."

Just popped out and took mine down ;-)

Reply to this Topic
manxybanksy

Feb 06

manxybanksy says:

Practicality

I would like to see more practical features on it - fast doesn't mean it has to be compromised usefulness-wise. C'mon BMW.... I think I speak for the masses when I say "a shopping basket up front please"

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

preunit

you are a fine upstanding member .... keep it up.!

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Correct

Beer&Darts has it right – simply removing the fairing from a sports-bike with no other changes makes no sense. All you end up with is a less good sports-bike.

I really do not get the whole “street-fighter” concept, as they seem neither fish nor fowl. Not that I have anything against naked bikes – they make fine dual-sports, motards, and standards for general riding.

Reply to this Topic
Heppy

Aug 02

Heppy says:

Beer&Darts

You (and others) have obviously never ridden a performance supernaked akin to the Tuono V4R APRC? Just to correct, it makes perfect sense. I suggest you book a test ride, put your prejudiced and incorrect assumptions of performance and handling to one side for the duration of the test and then form your opinions? I can guarantee you that they will have changed and you may even be converted. It impressed me that much (and I've ridden Superbikes for the past 20 years). If the S1000RR is anything to go by a Supernaked version would be awesome!!

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

snev

PMSFL...........I STAND corrected :)

Heppy, the Tuono V4,is indeed an awesome bike and the only naked on A and B road real world riding that can pretty much hang with my m8's S1000,so can't wait,just hope they don't dilute too much?.

Oh and piglet you're so wrong "All you end up with is a less good sports-bike".

Best ride one or at least engage your brain before you make statements like that me old china ;-)

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices