Skip to content

BMW BMW S1000RR naked bike spied testing S1000RR

You are in... Forums > BMW > S1000RR > BMW S1000RR naked bike spied testing

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

BMW S1000RR naked bike spied testing

BMW is already well ahead in the development of a naked version of its class-leading S1000RR superbike as these spy shots taken at a BMW test facility reveal. The naked S1000RR – to be called the S1000SR according to insiders – looks highly developed with a specially designed half-fairing with a passing resemblance to that seen on the Aprilia RSV4 Tuono. It’s...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 June 2012 15:23)

Post a message in S1000RR

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Slarty Bart Fast

Aug 02

Naked BM

Above 120mph (A road +) the naked will be twitchy as the wind gets under you and makes the front end light compared to the faired bike, 150+ mph no likey too lighty! Below 100mph (so an A/B road) the naked will blow the sports bike away as the bigger bars and better body positioning (for low speed) means you can lever it about quicker. Airodynamics is a universal concept, the fairing is there for a reason, just how fast u wanna go?

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

comparison bikes...

My RSV1000r is nuts but I should probably have bought a Tuono, my CBR600f is a good allrounder but not really quick enough unless abused. My Hayabusa is great for everyday riding allthough the B King is amazing too, just not the everyday bike I need. Neither bike has just had the fairing removed, its so much more complicated than that you have to own and ride to Really Know the difference. Preunit.. great to find someone with a sense of Humour...a rare "shaft" of light in an otherwise flacid oral exchange.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

great to find someone with a sense of Humour

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Sheesh

@ preunit and Heppy – You *are* aware that the Aprilia Tuono V4 R has in addition to lower overall gearing, different valve timing, intakes and flywheel compared to the RSV4 to improve low and mid-range power, as well as making it easier to ride in stop and go traffic? The V4 R also has more rake, trail and wheelbase than the RSV4.

So you actually make my argument that simply taking the fairing off a sport-bike is a bad idea when you praise the Tuono, since Piaggio has made many changes from the RSV4 to make it a better street bike instead of a track biased bike.

But thanks for playing, and better luck next time.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Sheesh

@ preunit and Heppy – You *are* aware that the Aprilia Tuono V4 R has in addition to lower overall gearing, different valve timing, intakes and flywheel compared to the RSV4 to improve low and mid-range power, as well as making it easier to ride in stop and go traffic? The V4 R also has more rake, trail and wheelbase than the RSV4.

So you actually make my argument that simply taking the fairing off a sport-bike is a bad idea when you praise the Tuono, since Piaggio has made many changes from the RSV4 to make it a better street bike instead of a track biased bike.

But thanks for playing, and better luck next time.

Reply to this Topic
thedogs3856

Apr 10

thedogs3856 says:

Anyone want to buy a 10mth old 1090RR?

Reply to this Topic
Beer&Darts

Apr 08

Beer&Darts says:

snev, preunit - great banter.

Heppy - I have, yes. That's where I derive the frame of reference from to write and justify an opinion. I owned the original Tuono Factory, an animal even by recent standards - that WAS genuinely unmodded from the Mille bar the monkey hangers and fairing. Rode the 1200 SF, as I indicated - does that not count? Owned and Streetfightered an R1 (regretted it after 5 mins). And other lesser bikes that don't fit your criterea of performance nakeds akin the new Tuono (although your views on this bike don't hold up to scrutiny, as piglet indicates very eloquently) such as the Superduke, FZ1 and Speed 3.

Everything you buy these days in the naked class is toned down to some degree. Some manufacturers get it right, some go too far, others don't go far enough. But they all do it, and the reasons why are obvious to anyone who has ridden one that is too close to a sportsbike under real world conditions. I know I can ride better, faster and safer on a toned down naked and would imagine that 95% of experienced riders would fall into the same bracket as myself. If you're in that top 5% bracket or (perhaps more pertinently) think you are, I'm happy for you, I'm certainly not a member - never was. But manufacturers build bikes for masses or they go bust. Rumours that Ducati are going to drop the 1200 SF are abound, due to poor sales. I wonder why that is?

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

On the modern Super-Bikes, one is already exceeding the speed limit and/or maximum cornering speed in many places well before getting to peak power in 1st gear. To me at least, shorter but wider spaced gearing combined with an engine that makes some grunt but will still rev is more fun on the street.

The naked I would like to see is Honda removing the bodywork from the NT700V, replacing the shaft with a chain, adding a 6th gear, and upgrading the suspension. Oh wait, that would be an updated Hawk GT.

Reply to this Topic
Heppy

Aug 02

Heppy says:

Beer&Darts

If you have ridden the V4R then why state 'front end lift would be horrific, dangerously so'? Not what I experienced? Possibly agree with you on the fuel consumption but not to the degree of intolerance?. The only discomfort I had was with the seat, so with that re-sculptured you could easily tour on it, I even reached an indicated 158 with more to come, so your 150mph limit is premature and last but not least I thought the suspension was nothing less than awesome and I was comparing it to a GSXR1000K5! So you can understand why I thought and still think that you're comments are incorrect assumptions. Cheers.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices