Skip to content

Discuss This Dani Pedrosa: Future speculation no distraction MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dani Pedrosa: Future speculation no distraction

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dani Pedrosa: Future speculation no distraction

Dani Pedrosa has denied intense speculation about his MotoGP future will impact on his chances of capturing the premier class world title for the first time this season. The Spaniard’s future at Repsol Honda remains unclear, though the triple world champion has told HRC management of his desire to remain on board the Japanese factory’s official squad in 2013. HRC has already...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (11 June 2012 14:28)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

Six years and no title despite having the bike designed to suit your style keep the seat warm for your countryman next year.

Reply to this Topic
luckyskua

Jan 11

luckyskua says:

Last chance saloon for Pedrosa

I don't think Pedrosa will be with Honda next year if Lorenzo signs for Honda and if the Rookie rule is scrapped Marquez will complete a rather fanatical dream team. Pedrosa only has himself to blame, even tho it happened in 2006, his T-bone of Hayden at Portugal is difficult to forget and if you misjudge corner entry by 50mph then you shouldn't be on one of these bikes. The old saying 'be nice to people on your way up because you will meet them on the way down' is seldom more apt. Pedrosa should try winning 3 GP's in a row rather than blame the pit crew again.

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

To where...

If Dani does get the boot from HRC then I just wonder where he will go ?? I cant see him opting to accept the inevitable Honda offer of an almost factory bike in a satellite team when he has had factory status for so many seasons. There is no way I can see him taking a Ducati ride unless the revised engine from Laguna results in a miraculous turn around for the reds. If Jorge does go to Honda, and Honda somehow manage to overturn the rookie rule, then my moneys on a Dovi/Pedrosa factory Yamaha squad, with Spies gong to Ducati, Cal staying put at Techers or joining Ben at Duke, and Rossi on a private Yamaha/Honda factory machine in his own team... ???

Reply to this Topic
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

Pedrosa HRC

I used to intensely dislike him early on due to his best attempts at knocking Nicky out of the 2006 championship race, then having a bike built for him that Nicky couldn't fit on, etc.

At least Nicky won a chamionship, doesn't b!tch, etc.

Past couple of years he seems to have humbled himself.  But face it, who was going to beat Lorenzo or Stoner, consistently?

As for Marquez:  weems like there is a big jump between riding Moto2 fast, and being able to set up a MotoGP bike correctly.  This appears to be what seperates the men from the boys.

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

Why on earth

Would yamaha take dani? The best rider never to win a championship. Brings no sponsorship and comes from another bankrupt european country that has more top riders than you can shake a stick at and who didn't cheat at thier yachting exams. Nicky shows no sign of wanting to leave doocaati.........................."To see a fast rider riding a proper develop CRT bike In some tracks, top Moto2 riders are faster than slower CRT riders. This cannot be accepted. If Honda makes a CRT bike, it will surely be one second faster than a Moto2 (if he two riders are at the same level of course!).".................. From nakamoto himself. ...................I reckon they'll ask dani to develop a contending crt bike for them, he handed stoner the keys to a winner after all...................any takers?

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Just got a boost

Dani's retention at Repsol just got a boost, Lorenzo has just announced he is staying at Yamaha for 2 more years !

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Marquez

well there is a story floating between the journos that Yamaha are trying to get Marquez to tech 3, with Cal moving on, and Dovi moving up in to Bens seat,,,,, !!!

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

well well

so Jorge takes himself out of silly season early by signing a two year contract with Yamaha...does that leave the door open, dare i say it, for Rossi at Repsol??!

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Rookie rule

Im expecting Honda will now be pushing Dorna extra hard over the rookie rule... Interesting battle of wills ahead reckon.

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

VR

I expect VR will actually just stay with Ducati... he still has much to do/prove there before he could justifiably walk away with his head high. I do think this will be a bargaining chip for him though on the technical side to push through changes that would not otherwise have been entertained, goodbye L90 ???

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices