Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner plays down wild card return in 2013 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner plays down wild card return in 2013

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner plays down wild card return in 2013

Casey Stoner has played down the prospect of making special wild card appearances in the future after deciding to retire from full-time racing in MotoGP at the end of 2012. Although the Aussie hasn’t completely ruled out one-off wild card appearances, the double MotoGP world champion says he has no immediate plans to race in 2013. The prospect of Stoner making a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (11 June 2012 14:40)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Remember

Buel is on the inside. He knows exactly who's going where next year - wait and see.

Still waiting for his 'wait and see' on the "truth" about the 33 spec front tyre on that topic. Or was he just trolling again.

On Casey, he has quit Motogp because the passion for it has gone and he doesn't enjoy Motogp anymore, not for racing itself or bikes. He wanted to quit before he lost his interest fr racing altogether. Purely out of the love of racing, who knows if he wouldn't be tempted by a wild card at PI for a bit of fun, if he felt he hadn't lost too much speed during time out. The logistics are another issue altogether. Where would a bike come from to enable it to happen?

But wouldn't it be interesting if Ducati came up with one - especially if doctor who was still there.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Next seasons banter?

Do you think his royal caseyness has a chance of winning it?

I know you orange boys think the sun shines out of his arse, but thats a little far to stretch the imagination dontcha think? I mean, you can't win a race, much less a championship if you've run away, can you?

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

bulto

What you say about Casey leaving is wrong.
He told me the real reason just the other day!

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Casey leaving

Wonder if it is the same reason he told me when we were out riding dirt bikes together whilst he is ovrer here for Silverstone.

Reply to this Topic
luckyskua

Jan 11

luckyskua says:

Can this get any worse?

Why doesn't Casey do a Reggie Perrin, leave his clothes on a beach and go missing for 5 years. The headlines would only be slightly more hysterical than they are now.

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

bulto,simon,yam and pc

Sorry to tell you the sun doesn't shine out of stoners arse,shame he wont win back to back titles,he does excactly what it says on the tin ....turns a dominant bike into an also ran.....xxx

Reply to this Topic
CameronLeeds

Sep 10

CameronLeeds says:

Supermario

"Orange Boys".   SM mate, there aren't Orange Boys.  There are bike racing fans and there are Rossi fans.

From what you, Milkybars and the other 46ers post on here it seems that Rossi fans are further down the food chain than football fans.  Now I understand who the morons were booing the podium at Donington a few years back......

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

cameronleeds

Obviously a rossi basher...

Reply to this Topic
CameronLeeds

Sep 10

CameronLeeds says:

Acanada

I'm a lifelong bike racing fan so I have the greatest admiration for Rossi.

Your reply confirms my view about his fans 

If you were a bike racing fan you would show some respect for Stoner.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

He could take two years out and win straight away

I think he'll be back on two wheels in some form at some point. Already not ruling out wildcards in 2013!? Biaggi took a year out, so did Kocinski I think. Casey could take two years out no problem with his talent.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices