Skip to content

Ask an Expert Protection from wind. Riding Skills

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Riding Skills > Protection from wind.

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

MrKarl

Sep 11

MrKarl says:

Protection from wind.

Other day I went about 50 miles or so on my CBF125 whilst there was strong wind. 

The wind kept pushing me around whilst riding, I don't really mind too much but does make it a bit sketchy.

Just a question for people with a bigger bike, does the wind affect you as much too?

Thinking of getting a ZZR I hope it will have more wind protection then the bloody feather 125.:mad:

Not really sure if this is in the right section but meh, I took an educated guess :biggrin:

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (11 June 2012 18:29)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Wind

Hey MrKarl...  a bigger bike will be a lot more stable, but you can be blown around just as badly, depending on how you ride.

The secret is to look far down the road, not at the sides or at the road in front of you.   The bike will then appear to be correcting itself with very little weaving.   Try not to be too tense either.

Reply to this Topic
zx12rbadassisnowzx6rbadass

Sep 11

i heard

if yuo go faster than the wind is blowing it has less effect on you:blink:

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

A bigger

heavier bike can be more stable in wind than a lightweight 125, that said, faired bikes can become unstable in wind (a fairing can act almost like a sail in some cases and take the bike off-course).

When you're looking down the road, look for any gaps in hedges / junctions to the sides where wind can suddenly gust (hedges / buildings etc act as a wind-break), if you're passing (or overtaking) wagons, try and keep as far from them as possible (so you don't get pulled, plus they can be blown about as well).

Adjusting your speed can help too.

Reply to this Topic
MrKarl

Sep 11

MrKarl says:

Thanks people!

It's just annoying feeling like the bike will get pushed from under me, I can't wait to actually have a bike that weighs something. I'm not a fan of 125s haha.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices