Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Extreme adventure test - part one First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: Extreme adventure test - part one

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Extreme adventure test - part one

Four bikes. A Dakar hero. 100+ miles off-road. Just one question: can adventure bikes live up to their billing? We took the BMW R1200GS, Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere, Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200 and KTM 990 Adventure on an off-road adventure and to really test their abilities, we enlisted Stan Watt, who finished 34th in this year's Dakar Rally.  brightcove.createExperiences();

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (12 June 2012 10:14)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
pushr0d

Mar 06

pushr0d says:

Yeah, where is Pt. II?

And, where is the description of the damage to the Super 10? I'm guessing the MCN staff are dodging bullets from the manufacturers...

Reply to this Topic
Boltysan

Nov 11

Boltysan says:

Well, what's the delay then?

Get part two out, it's not like it's a Spielberg movie is it now!

Reply to this Topic
uknz

Aug 12

uknz says:

Great test of reality...

Guys, this is a fantastic video. Not sure why someone would suggest you load the bike up with two people as 'Adventure riding' is not or ever been about carrying a pillion (If you want two up buy a tourer...not one of these).

Although I do agree the luggage should have remained in the test but sure for the purpose of high cost it makes sense to remove. The marketing of these bikes aims for people to use them as you intented in the video. I ride in NZ but have opted for the 660 Tenere from my R1150GSA, The 660 is my choice because of the reasons why these bikes tested in your video are unsuitable for the gnarly parts. However I admit I have to sacrafice longer distance speed and slight comfort on the 660 so it is about balance.

I am looking forward to part two...these videos (In my opinion) really do influence buyer decisions so stay nuetral and don't let the marketing machine cut you off.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices