Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo signs new two-year deal with Yamaha MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo signs new two-year deal with Yamaha

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo signs new two-year deal with Yamaha

Jorge Lorenzo has crushed intense speculation that he would switch to Honda next season to replace Casey Stoner by signing a new two-year deal to remain with Yamaha’s factory squad. The Spaniard has agreed a new deal after his management repeatedly claimed there had been no big money approach from HRC. Lorenzo’s new deal will serve as a massive relief to Yamaha...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 June 2012 11:51)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaRacer

May 12

YamahaRacer says:

Two Spaniards in the same team when was the last time it happened Gibernau and Criville in the same Repsol team dont see a problem either why it would no work know.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

agreed Pacey

It would only take Lorenzo to bin it and hurt himself next year though and who else is better than Danni?

Madness in my eyes to even think of letting him go at this stage, theres no one done enough to lay a legitimate claim to deserve a Honda Factory seat more him at this moment in time. Its more who will partner him (and that contract is ready to be signed if the rule goes)

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Firebird

Sorry bud, that comment was 'tongue in cheek'. I'd love to see Vale finish the job and turn the Duke into a frontrunner AND give the factory direction for the next 5+yrs.

Another title for Rossi is irrelevant. Getting Ducati on track is a far, far better way to end his career imo.

Reply to this Topic
DARMHA900SS

Jul 09

DARMHA900SS says:

PaseyCasey

“Tongue in cheek” comment it may have been but I think it will be spot on.

Let’s face it;

1- Yamaha don’t need him!

2- Honda won’t have him!

3- Suzuki? Interesting but I don’t think even Rossi would be looking at a 3rd manufacture in the premier class at this point in his career and anyway, can they afford him?

So, that leaves a satellite team or sticking with Ducati.

Ducati have already said they want to renew his contract and I, for one would love to see him finish what he started.

Rossi, will stay at Ducati and persevere against the odds!
That will also give M. Marquez his dream season – He has said before that competing against Rossi in Moto GP is one of his all-time goals.
Well, that’s gonna come true and I can’t wait to see the resulting races.

Lorenzo happy on his Yamaha, Marquez on a factory Honda (Assuming they get the rule change they are after) and Rossi on a sorted Ducati – I can see the “fairing bashing” in front of my eyes already!!

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

pc

Unlikely as Rossi is about to put pen to paper with Ducati to show a similar level of loyalty to his factory as JL has done.

A bit like stoners loyalty to ducati.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Groan

You had to spoil a reasonable topic didn't you

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Marquez on a honda as the rookie rule will be abolished, a Spanish dream team

Reply to this Topic
davevr46

Feb 11

davevr46 says:

am i the only person here who thinks , giving marquez at Factory honda would be a waste????

Its not like he will be able challenge for the title anyway , personally i don't like him  , he seems cocky . Bradl would deseve it far more.....

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

no shock really

jorge has the sorted package with the tyre rule working on the yam better than honda, all in all its a better bike all round, look at tech 3 right up there every round, proves it a sorted bike even woth a new rider e.g. dovi, as for rossi the duke will get there but will he wait, i think yes, as for pedro time is up he dont deserve another shot and im not the only one if the paddock saying it either, he is class but no cigar, i think if cal dont get a factory yamaha honda will sniff him given the results, and dovi maybe in  for a upgrade to partner jorge, but smith is no way ready for tech 3 moto gp squad, he will get eaten alive more than in moto 2, stoner may drop the bomb end of season and not retire!!!! shock shock .

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

Nice this makes the dream of rossi going to honda a little more likely...even if he doesnt ride for repsol he will still get a full factory bike in a private tem like gresini ala simoncelli...even if he has to buy it himself which he wont as the sponser train follows him loyally

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle