Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Rossi or Agostini? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Poll: Rossi or Agostini?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Rossi or Agostini?

Giacomo Agostini is 70 this weekend and MCN will feature an exclusive interview with the 15-times world champion next Wednesday. In the meantime, it seems like the perfect time to revisit that racing chestnut: who's the greatest - Ago or Rossi? Here are the raw stats: Agostini350cc world championships: 7500cc world championships: 8% of GPs entered won: 66Total GP wins: 122TTs won:...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 June 2012 09:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Flavour of the month!

Cadalora...

Another fickle Italian. The only thing he handed out was lessons on how to waste A grade machinery.

Must be hard not having had a national hero in 35years.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Cadalora -tres cool

Never saw him live unfortunately, but loved watching him bang down Craners on the telly. Won a few championships too. The man responsible for bringing big corner speed back to the big bikes.

Do your greats start with Mick and end with Casey Bob?

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

guess where my vote went ....

how can something so dainty and gorgeous, produce such a wonderous soundtrack .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpUKj5a_E1E

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Bob...

All I can hope to add to what Nostro and Benny pointed out is take 30.

Take 30 minutes and just stare at my avatar.

Nostro/Benny.... is it possible to hand somebody their arse in a slop bucket? Just wondering as I don't reckon Sir Bob has any plates in his Nissan ute caravanette.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Cosher.. more soundtrack

More soundtrack and view points on this one. Check out the ole girl flapping her bingo wings getting her knickers all wet when Ago roars by! Possibly one of his pre race / post race pleasures all those years ago. Another category Ago beats Rossi hands down I am sure. Ago was certainly a bigger babe magnet than Vale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o63-eIK8j_A&feature=related

Ciao Mama's

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
willc955

Jun 12

willc955 says:

TT rules

i love rossi but the formula is simple....no TT win = no GOAT

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

And he had two working legs!

Like I said, funny how a couple of wins can manifest itself as success and class to the desperate who have forgotten what it means to earn it! Ho hum.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Any racer from any era can only race against whoever lines up on the grid with him. So it is not really Ago’s fault that he was around when he enjoyed maybe 5 solid years where he was unrivalled, didn’t lose a single race while competing in 2 separate classes.
No doubt he was a brilliant rider but remember the Japanese factories had pulled out of the championship at that time and he was often the only factory rider. There are races he won by over 4 minutes and double lapped the guy finishing second, who would have been a privateer.  85 of his wins came during those years.  Some people question and ‘dis’ the calibre of riders and bikes that Rossi has raced against – but it is pretty obvious to anyone who knows the sport that nobody since Ago has ever enjoyed such a massive gap of competition.
Ago right place right time and right bike. Yes 40odd of his race wins were harder races but let’s just keep things real about the dire situation of the sport in the late 60s/early 70s.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle