Skip to content

Discuss This British MotoGP: Chatter fear for Casey Stoner MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > British MotoGP: Chatter fear for Casey Stoner

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

British MotoGP: Chatter fear for Casey Stoner

The severe chatter issue that has plagued the defence of Casey Stoner’s MotoGP title defence in 2012 is almost certain to play a major factor in the Australian’s bid to claim victory in his final British Grand Prix appearance at Silverstone this weekend. The Repsol Honda rider missed the podium for the first time he has finished a race in his...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 June 2012 10:06)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Firebird the third

I just googled you, which told me your forefathers were respectively a Ballet and a Glaswegian restaurant. How disappointed they both must be learn you've amounted to being no more than an unloved central heating boiler.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Stoenzo

is on his way to building a SHIT PIG and don't seem to know what the fuck to say after his 4 laps de-briefs. The direction the bike is heading from his lead this year though, is him blaming everything but himself. He is now blaming a lump of iron about 4 kilograms or the equivalent of 8.82 pounds. His buck tooth is chattering so hard it's fucking up the suspension and causing him to thing he is experiencing bike chatter. What he is suffering from is fear and his dumb move to put the number one plate on his bike and now he feels ashamed and wants to run away. Go ...run you sorid, dour little shit.

Poor Stoner and Lorenzo will soon have a divorce and will no longer be the orange panty brigade couple called "STOENZO".

Reply to this Topic
chipsandgravy

Feb 11

Your obsession

with Stoner, as well as the term 'shit pig' is hilarious. I wonder if the irony of your obsession will ever dawn on you.

You post about absolutely nothing else.....NOTHING ELSE.

What a fulfilled life you must lead...

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

... & Stoner said...

"It is pretty much guaranteed. It is the slower tracks where we have less of a problem with chatter but in Catalunya in the slower corners the chatter started as soon as I picked up the throttle. I wasn't able to sink the rear in and pick the bike up. With the low grip conditions it made things worse, with the chatter I couldn't stand the bike up to the fat part of the tyre but I’ll almost guarantee the same issues in Silverstone.”

We can both quote passages & I'd already read the statement you posted... did you read this article? In what way does this contradict your quote? In low grip conditions he has to put more force into the tyres (to generate the required heat) to find adequate grip to race competitively which is amplifying the chatter that his crew chief is talking about... Stoner understands the problem... his crew chief understands it & is searching for a solution... we all understand it... but you're still struggling... ?...  perhaps he should just race slower... now who does that sound like? :lol: :lol: 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

Of course... being in professional world class racing you know better than Stoner or any of his team (or anybody with a bain cell)... I should have known.

:blink:

... & in the rain I'm not sure you're looking to gain heat in the tyres & aren't pushing so hard... has he said he's getting chatter in the rain?... not the low grip conditions he was talking about?... you think?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

I asked you to "cite an educated example of this conventional wisdom" in my 1st post... you didn't do it then, but the whole paddock?... 30 years?... surely plenty to choose from... I wouldn't expect you to source anything to back-up your argument (especially as it's spelt out in Stoner & his team's explanations which you now see actually correlate) so just come back with a jibe about doing my research for me & we'll leave it at that.

Wosi... "The way I see it, and I'm no expert on chatter (is anyone?), the contradiction is clear."

Yup... the contradiction is clear... 30 years of people not really being experts (including Rossi) & you're relying on their hearsay rather than what the Repsol team are reporting as a problem as they see it (& remember, they haven't come with a solution either, you just think their explanation flies in the face of conventional wisdom, of which you've admitted there is none).

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

"Just because Casey Stoner says it, doesn't make it so."

That's the point... as you said no-one is an expert on chatter... if they were it would be dialled out instantly. You're arguing against your own point.

"I haven't got the time or inclination to try and educate you any further. You can lead a horse to water and all that.."

What a shame... it's so much more enlightening to hear you putting down successful riders & teams than hearing their uneducated opinions.

"now Fck off and play with some tiddlywinks, the traffic or something more in keeping with your general level of comprehension and stop wasting my time."

For someone who seems to like talking about motoGP you really don't like it when anyone has a different point of view & can actually, reasonably, argue it do you?

... oh... links?

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

What a predicament for casey

He can do his raindance and cure the chatter, but he risks another check-up in the wet from the doctor

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

Since you can't be arsed to do any research to support your point...

Hayden - Motegi - QP 2011 - "We weren't able to continue from the good start we had yesterday, even though our times aren't too far from the second group. With the cooler track, I didn't have the same grip, and I was spinning quite a lot on the edge of the tyre. This afternoon, we also picked up some chatter that I hadn't experienced all weekend, which made it really difficult to go fast."

28/32 degree track temp for fp3/qualifying compared to 41 on the previous day & all of a sudden it's causing chatter?... unheard of!... it j-j-j-just flies in the face of conventional wisdom!

Andrea Dovizioso - Qatar test - Feb 2008 - "The bike is competitive although we have to reduce the front-end chatter that we have experienced tonight, which has disturbed me a little."

Night time test reaching a around 15deg air temp... chatter not experienced in previous test.

Clearly none of them have a clue what they're talking about either but you, expert that you are, do.

I suggest that you can't find a single quote saying that low grip conditions can't accentuate chatter for the simple reason that no-one knows that it can't... & there's the evidence that it can of course.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices