Skip to content

Discuss This Hutchinson out for the season? TT & road races

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > TT & road races > Hutchinson out for the season?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

Hutchinson out for the season?

Ian Hutchinson’s season may have come to an abrupt end. He requires further surgery on the leg he smashed so badly in a crash at Silverstone in 2010 and re-broke at the start of this year. Hutchy made a comeback with a successful TT campaign, finishing all four of his races and with a best result of sixth in Supersport 2....

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 June 2012 14:55)

Post a message in TT & road races

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Shame

Such a shame for him, he did well to even make the TT after rebreaking that leg, it must still have been very weak. He looked really uncomfortable on the bike at the TT and looked like he had trouble getting about the paddock. Got to admire the mans determination though, softly spoken he may be but obviously belies a very aggressive passion for the sport. Hope he gets back to full fitness. Maybe he can take courage from Tommy Hills experience, I remember reading his career was over after he had that bad leg break in WSS testing at Calafat a few years back, then breaking it again in Germany same season, and look at him now !

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Red Racer

Good Point regarding TH. However Ian is 33 this year and really needs to be at full fitness now. I believe it is Michael Dunlop who can beat John Mc G at the TT. I also hope Ian H can give it a go.

Reply to this Topic
Carlosoul

Jul 08

Carlosoul says:

Very sorry...

to hear that Hutchy, hope you heal quick and we all enjoy watching you again on track and road very soon

Reply to this Topic
draper12807

Feb 11

draper12807 says:

All time high to an all time low. Hutchinson, the great rider he is, is no spring chicken at 33. Brings to mind, when do you just knock it on the head? And is the commitment and passion still there? Saw an article recently but I don't know were, and it was talking to his mechanic and he said he noticed something different about hutchy at the tt, when asked if it was fear he didn't reply (could be journo's twisting words as per). I would like to see him fully fit and taking the fight to mcguinness as anstey's and donald's years are numbered.

Reply to this Topic
ojw30

Apr 11

ojw30 says:

Hutchy

I remember seeing A picture of Mick Doohans legs when they were sewn together and couldn't believe how he came back from that injury. Keep at it Hutchy but only come back when you are fully fit.

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

draper12807

The way Hutchy performed at the TT despite the obvious problems with his leg shows that he is still very committed. "No spring chicken at 33"? Yer maun was still winning TTs at 48. McGuiness is seven years older and nobody is talking about him slowing down yet. Way to look on the dark side. No matter what anybody says Hutchy will always rank as one of the greats of real road racing as the first and so far the only man to win five TTs. That he can finish so well with such a badly injured leg shows he still has it in him to win more TTs. If he needs more surgery to make the leg right for next year then I'm sure he'll do better next year than he did this year and I'm sure he still has years of greatness left in him.

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Good luck don't follow this boy round anymore, if only one person on this planet had aids, my money is on hutchy getting it. Hope he gets sorted for next year. Top racer ;)

Reply to this Topic
jahkeym76

Feb 12

jahkeym76 says:

draper 12087 - And is the commitment and passion still there?

I reckon it is as you gotta be 110% commited to ride the TT when you can hardly walk!

Remember he was on the 3rd step of the podium at Macau after the 1st break.

Dosen't get enough credit, great rider, anyone that can win 5 races at the TT is gotta be something special.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Writing on the wall?

Can't help but think maybe there's someone up there trying to tell him something, cause let's face he's been unlucky twice now, do you temp fate again ?

Reply to this Topic
FATFRYER2

Aug 02

FATFRYER2 says:

Hutchy the fighter

Hutchy has been through too much to quit now, he will defo be back next year

GOOD LUCK HUTCHY HOPE THE SURGERY GOES WELL

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy