Skip to content

Riding & events The British Superbike School Riding Skills

You are in... Forums > Riding & events > Riding Skills > The British Superbike School

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

wapdad

Oct 05

wapdad says:

The British Superbike School

Mike Abbott started post-test motorcycle training in 2009, having qualified as a RoSPA Instructor, and was later accredited by the DSA. He had road raced from 1989 until finally giving up in 2005, attending any race school he could find, preparing his own bikes as a qualified Automotive Engineer. You’ll see him on page 170 of Rupert Paul’s book ‘Pass the Bike...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (14 June 2012 10:07)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Eugenios

Jan 12

Eugenios says:

I find it fascinating that someone is prepared to teach us how to ride a motorcycle. I'm 16 and I was planning on taking some courses for my bike, but I don't know if I should be opting for a school nearby or for Mike Abott's school, of whom I've heard it's the best.

Reply to this Topic
KiraShannen

Jan 12

KiraShannen says:

It seems like the good old days when you learned how to ride a bike on the streets is gone, now there are schools to tell you what you must know, there probably will even be a masters degree for this soon. Joke aside, it's really well someone cares about increasing the motorcycle gang.

Reply to this Topic
marcepinkie

Sep 12

marcepinkie says:

If there was a way of earning an online degree for bikes I'd take it. Nothing compares to the adrenaline that a good bike can give you. It is great that initiatives like The British Superbike School exist for those who really enjoy this passion.

Reply to this Topic
rossfinn

Sep 12

rossfinn says:

I agree with you guys, nothing compares to the rush a good bike is giving. And choosing the best university is like a ride on a bike. You never know where the ride can take you. It can be good, it can be bad, the way it ends is in the way you drive.

Reply to this Topic
westlane

Sep 12

westlane says:

Motorcycle riders who never wish to compete in a race of any kind or to complete a forensic psychology program will gain an unbelievable amount of education by taking on a track day school. The British Superbike School is one such track day school which is designed specifically for the primarily street-based rider and is taught by some of the most qualified instructors in the industry.

Reply to this Topic
qwerty2012

Oct 12

qwerty2012 says:

One of the biggest attractions to the motorcycle for me is the freedom of it. The guys from mba or ms degrees that ride motorcycles love adventure and living in the moment. They smell like the wind and the bet of the outdoors. There is nothing like riding behind one of these men and taking in the many scents of the earth.

Reply to this Topic
ChristianGuillaume

Jul 11

I've developed so many habits for online schooling, that I would always sit inside my own home, if it wasn't for my bike. The feeling of supreme freedom is so liberating when I go outside, I almost have to refrain myself from screaming. I wish I had the time to see how this course, too.

Reply to this Topic
NoeSamuhel

Oct 11

NoeSamuhel says:

I've seen a movie with a policeman whose goal in life was to stop criminals by riding his bike at sometimes very dangerous speeds and from what I've understood, the actor took his classes here. He was pretty stunning, what can I say.

Reply to this Topic
EthanCorneille

Oct 11

I wonder what these courses have to teach me more than my friends would, for example. Do they show you what to do in case of a natural disaster? I don't know, the idea of taking them is appealing, but I'm not sure it'll teach me more than I already know.

Reply to this Topic
KiraShannen

Jan 12

KiraShannen says:

Mike Abbott was driving since I was barely learning how to walk. This man's great and from what I've read, his courses are the best there currently are on the market. As a behavioral analyst, I saw he's got very much to offer.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices