Skip to content

Discuss This Lit Motors C1 - the future of motorcycling? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Lit Motors C1 - the future of motorcycling?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

System  says:

Lit Motors C1 - the future of motorcycling?

This is the two-wheeled vehicle Lit Motors founder Daniel Kim hopes will be the future of transportation, and it's called the C-1. What you have here is a gyro-stabilised electric vehicle which Lit Motors say will be on sale by 2014. The two gyros - housed under the seats - keep the vehicle upright, even in the event of a collision according...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (14 June 2012 17:29)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

No..No

Please no..............Have I woken up, or am I still having a nightmare.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Thank God

The saviour of Motorcycling is coming I will cast aside my perfectly good collection of Planet killing evil monsters. Now China..... can you build Twice as many coal fired stations as you do now.so that us westoners can pay you lots of money to charge them up...........

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

hang on...

"there's no doubting it looks cool" Excuse me?????

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

technically...

...epic fail. Motorcycles MUST lean to go round corners and do so by constantly varying many different factors, in balance. Gyros stabilise a machine and either hold the angle of bank, or prevent the angle of bank being obtained. Ergo, this will NOT go round corners unless it steers round like a car - in which case the side loads placed on the carcass construction of the motorcycle tyres will rip them to shreds. The machine is currently limited to 10mph `for technical reasons` according to their blog. The `technical reason` is that lean steer takes over from skid steer at about, oh, 10mph and going any faster the entire design will either kill the driver, or make all motorcyclists laugh when the gyros fail to spin up or spin down and the machine careens in a straight line at the first bend, or falls on its side like something out of a Keystone Cops silent. A totally unnecessary approach and meritricious only for comedy value. All they needed to do was licence the Quadro narrow three-wheel solution. Pennies. And they've put LED's in the wheels..?! Deffo comedians not engineers.

Reply to this Topic
Fragpig

Oct 10

Fragpig says:

6hrs Recharge

6hrs isn't that the elephant in the room, i can refuel my bike in 2 mins, then do another 150 miles. Also what about battery life, 3 years? how much will a new set cost, the Nissan Leafs cost £5000 to £7,000

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

a steering wheel

i don't want to sound negative as innovation has always been a big part of motorbikes, but i'm sorry to say that the control system on a motorbike is superior to a  cars control system, on a bike you can use both brakes or not as the case may be, open or close the throttle at the time, use the clutch and change gear at the same time, you can also change direction and have an unobstructed view in the direction you point your head, it's just perfect. So putting a steering wheel on a motorbike is a backwards step, i'm not even going to think about the doors.     

Reply to this Topic
yammy7r

Apr 09

yammy7r says:

It might have two wheels but its a bloody car ffs

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

Oh dear.. looking at the previous comments, I'm about to get flamed... I like it. I like the idea that I can commute to work in the wet without everything getting soaking wet. I like the fact that it looks like you could still filter (ok,. not through close spaces, but I can't anyway on my current bike). I like the fact it's electric with hub centred steering and me? I think it looks cool.... ok.. flame away!

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

oh b****cks. I just saw the steering wheel. Scratch my previous comments.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

I'd rather drive a car to be honest. I think it will bring people over to two wheels though, as many people like bikes, but don't like the wet weather.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices