Skip to content

Discuss This Lit Motors C1 - the future of motorcycling? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Lit Motors C1 - the future of motorcycling?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

System  says:

Lit Motors C1 - the future of motorcycling?

This is the two-wheeled vehicle Lit Motors founder Daniel Kim hopes will be the future of transportation, and it's called the C-1. What you have here is a gyro-stabilised electric vehicle which Lit Motors say will be on sale by 2014. The two gyros - housed under the seats - keep the vehicle upright, even in the event of a collision according...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (14 June 2012 17:29)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
momomomo

Apr 12

momomomo says:

Really...

I would call it a two wheeled car rather than a motorbike. Commuting in the dry? How on earth would you feel the lean and the grip without moving your body when cornering? Would you like to have an accident with all the shell crumpling on you? How do you get out in case of a simple slide? at least on a bike most of the time the bike slides away from the rider... You can let it go... And if I have to get stuck in a box I will rather be on four wheels. Amazing toy and concept but the motorbike has retained pretty much the same design and principles for such a long time simply because it works. I cannot imagine that you would be able to lift the front wheel on that thing neither you would want to. Maybe I am getting too old... Imagine Valentino, Jorge and Cal racing something like that? Pass that pink scarf darling. It's getting a bit chilly! Haaargh!

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Just another Californian eco-trinket

It'll probably come with aircon.

200 mile range?  Please don't print such utter tosh.  There are no batteries on earth that can produce that kind of range at a constant speed on a flat test track, let along in the real world.

Said it before, will no doubt say it many more times: electrically powered two wheelers will be sane purchases when they come with Honda badges on them.

Reply to this Topic
CameronLeeds

Sep 10

CameronLeeds says:

Gyros

Surely the gyros which keep it upright will interfere with leaning in corners?

Reply to this Topic
ruxxy

Oct 09

ruxxy says:

Rogerborg

These are the companies that Honda keep a close watch on then purchase the tech from them to put their badges on, so the concept might be with us sooner than you think. CameronLeeds, I think the gyros would have a switch off when movement reached a certain level. If you watch the footage on YouTube it shows the bike in motion. It's freaky to see it self stabilising at first.

Reply to this Topic
rickster999

Jul 07

rickster999 says:

I quite like this.

If it works as it suggests, then it may be a niftly piece of kit.

@Cameronleeds, I'd suspect it would be the giro's themselves that will manage the lean into through and out of corners, by increasing and adjusting the forces oppsing each other.

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

This resembles a car more than a bike and another manufacturer quoting magical figures to sell their product, still there is no major electrical product yet to satisfy our real world needs in the biking industry.

Reply to this Topic
may c

Aug 02

may c says:

electric bikes

the change is fast coming we are going to have big changes to the way we travel over the next decade this is the future i would love one.time we had a zero gp class .i think the petrol engine will be on the way out in our citys in the next few years good they will be a lot quieter to work in and walk around.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Fair point ruxy

And when Honda are prepared to put their badge on these vehicles, we can start taking them in any way seriously.

Reply to this Topic
mukiri6

Jun 12

mukiri6 says:

My opinion

What they succeeded in was creating a scooter, and scooters suck. You offend motorcyclist and motorcycle companies by classifying this as a bike.

Reply to this Topic
Mr. Luck

Jan 08

Mr. Luck says:

Its clearly a car but it'll never reach safety standards so has to be classed as a bike......

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices