Skip to content

Discuss This Lit Motors C1 - the future of motorcycling? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Lit Motors C1 - the future of motorcycling?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

System  says:

Lit Motors C1 - the future of motorcycling?

This is the two-wheeled vehicle Lit Motors founder Daniel Kim hopes will be the future of transportation, and it's called the C-1. What you have here is a gyro-stabilised electric vehicle which Lit Motors say will be on sale by 2014. The two gyros - housed under the seats - keep the vehicle upright, even in the event of a collision according...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (14 June 2012 17:29)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ruxxy

Oct 09

ruxxy says:

Rogerborg

True. Wonder if I should tell them about my ideas for a 2 stroke that runs on hot air and BS!! Ha ha

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Speaking of which

Google for "compressed air motorcycle" if you want a real laugh.

Reply to this Topic
may c

Aug 02

may c says:

ci

id love one the smelly polluting petrol engine within the next 15 years will be a thing of the past more so in citys.we should have a zero mgp class. god the big class is bloody boring the 600s are the class now.id scrap the big bike class.

Reply to this Topic
claymorestudio

Apr 08

crap

In a word "Shite"  just like the jokes at TT races electric bikes and cars are pathetic, the whole point in Bikes is they are cool, they look cool and they have to sound cool and electric cars/bikes just sound like a sodding sewing machine

Reply to this Topic
robinbegley

Aug 02

robinbegley says:

Gyros

To be effective the gyros need to be at least a certain weight and these would take a little while to spin up and down. What happens if they havn't spun down properly when you suddenly need to lean into a corner! It's all over!

Reply to this Topic
skarecrow29

Apr 08

skarecrow29 says:

C-1

I'm sure some brain box made a C-5 electric thing about 30 years ago claiming it was the future of commutor travel, mind you those things didn't do 120 mph.

Reply to this Topic
gsxwarby

May 10

gsxwarby says:

C1

I dont think citroen will be happy they allready have a C1

Reply to this Topic
zannoti

Mar 10

zannoti says:

"a jeff bridges scoot"

f+ck me its that thing out of the movie TRON,    but it sure aint no motorcycle.......

Reply to this Topic
Fly by night

Sep 07

Fly by night says:

Kinder like or not

Ok what's wrong with it, it's got doors for one, how you gonna pick it up if it falls over? You need to have something to hang onto to pick the thing up.

Kids could make your life hell, they could push the thing over and stand on one door you would never get out.

Battery operated, well what happens if your battery runs low, you pull up at the lights and plonk your flat on one side the whole thing scratched up and damaged loadsa money.

The good thing about it is that it will keep you dry and potentially warm, except it's electric so no heating then unless you want to waste out your battery just keeping warm.

Air bags what's the thing with these damd air bags, I don't want a motorcycle to have f**king air bags they can stick their air bags up their air out let.

I don't want seat belts eather, if it is a motorcycle then no thanks to seat belts, if it is motorcycle then I don't want air bags, I don't want helmets I don't want seat belts and I definately don't want f**king air bags.

I want to get in or on something no helmets not seat belts not air bags and just drive the thing.

I don't mind gyros if it helps to keep it up right but hey what if you have a collision and the gyro is put off balance?

Oh my back to the drawing board I think, but I would drive one once all the shit seat belts and air bags had been removed.

Reply to this Topic
maculopathy

Mar 10

maculopathy says:

Not a viable concept for most, I do see a point if the average car driver used something like this (yes I know bikes do the same but this is more car than bike) then surely the city would be a better less congested place.

No helmet fly by night?? well you may not have much to protect but I'm sure most of us don't mind the use of a lid.

Liked the kids knocking it over and standing on the doors a genuine laugh out loud moment - hoping that was in jest.

My gawd is it ugly

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices