You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > Sad Day

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

numberguy

Jun 12

numberguy says:

Sad Day

After 30 years of riding Im sorry to say I have to quit, I just can't afford the Ins premiums anymore. I have watched my Ins double each year for the past 3 years and I just can't afford it any more.

Is this the Govt way of kicking bikers off the roads or is it the muppets who scream around the roads when it's a sunny day, now don't get me wrong, open road open throttle is always fun, but NOT around town.

Anyone got any views on this ?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 June 2012 22:40)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

ins

Welcome numberguy,sounds like your not shopping around for ins quotes,what price / bike your talking?

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

for me its was the other way around cars to costly to run so got a big bike and its way cheaper

for me my bike insurance has been getter cheaper and cheaper, i am only 25years old and held a full bike for 4years

i gave up driving cars as the insuance on them is 10times for costly then any bike i have got qouts on.

is your car isurances very pricey to?

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Bike Insurance is expensive these days...

My insurance hasn't gone down in the last five years despite accumulating five years no claims and shopping around. Also despite having a relatively low insurance group bike the insurance for our almost new 4x4 is about the same as my old and valueless bike...

Reply to this Topic
MrKarl

Sep 11

MrKarl says:

Which bikes are you insuring?

I have done a ton of looking about to find cheapest bike to insure, only bikes I found which gave me a reasonable price was a Ducati 750ss or kawasaki ZZR.

I hate the stupid premium that get put on different bikes due to wannabe Rossi/Ghost/Turboriders. 

I'm only 19 but already hating finding insurance. :upset:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices