Ask an Expert PUBLIC LIABILITY ON RIDE OUTS Legal

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > PUBLIC LIABILITY ON RIDE OUTS

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

wishiwassingle

Oct 10

PUBLIC LIABILITY ON RIDE OUTS

Hi, I have a FACEBOOK bike group and arranage EVENTS which are basically ride outs (motorcycle rides). I need to know if I need to purchase public liability insurance or if a disclaimer would suffice?

Also would the disclaimer have to be physically signed by the rider or can an implied disclaimer upon my FACEBOOK page suffice?

Does it change anything if I change the rideout FACEBOOK Group into a Club (annual subscription/membership required)?:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 June 2012 03:37)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

If its ride-outs

between mates (or like-minded people), I don't see how / why liability insurance would be needed (riders own insurance should suffice, providing they have insurance of course).

If you turn it into a club with fee collection, then you probably will need some form of insurance (if anything happened, a court might argue that by collecting fees / subscriptions, its no longer a meeting of people, but a business).

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices