Skip to content

Discuss This British MotoGP: Espargaro dominates Moto2 race MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > British MotoGP: Espargaro dominates Moto2 race

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

British MotoGP: Espargaro dominates Moto2 race

Spaniard Pol Espargaro followed on from his first ever Moto2 pole position with a dominating performance in the Moto2 race at Silverstone to take his second Moto2 victory. Brits Scott Redding and Bradley Smith both got excellent starts, Smith especially as he took the outside line from the second row of the grid to take the lead ahead of Redding. The pair...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 June 2012 12:28)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

yup bradders is off to moto gp and if you knew your shit you would know he's riding the wheels off that bike, out performing scott week in-out

Reply to this Topic
Slorta

Jul 11

Slorta says:

???

And to quote someone who apparently knows his shit...........Did he win ????

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

Slorta

No he didn't win and yes that was a cheap shot by eddl. But to be fair to Bradley he is riding the wheels off that Tech3 Mistral 610, put him on a Suter or Kalex machine and Smith would be a regular podium challenger. And it's nice to see an aggressive streak in Bradley's riding, something that appeared missing in his 125 days.

Very good rides by Scott and Bradley both, just a shame Gino couldn't keep his pace going after making a good start.

Reply to this Topic
ACEEDSTORM

Oct 10

ACEEDSTORM says:

Great ride by Scott,the only thing that would have made the last lap scrap better would have been Marquez put into the gravel trap.Nice to see the organisers,all Spanish of course,have altered the rules so Marquez can go straight into the Repsol factory team & not have the tiresome procedure of proving he can ride at the top level by struggling on a sattelite bike.No wonder this championship is dying,it's just a glorified Spanish championship now.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

I love watching scott and his aggression and desire, it's a refreshing change to see a brit with some balls,something bradders seemed to be lacking in much of his early career constantly being pushed out the way by loopy spaniards and italians, but he has matured into a proper racer and as some one who knows his shit thats why he's off to motogp not scott

Reply to this Topic
Slorta

Jul 11

Slorta says:

Time to face facts !

Your right DoomedDog. No, he didn't win. I mean, what are the chances. 3 wins in 102 outings.  But you're right, his stats are better than Scotts 1 win in 73 outings. 

I'd like to see a Brit get up as much as anyone.....but it just ain't happening.  Credit where it's due ACEEDSTORM, the Spanish riders are kick'n arse at the moment, and one of them in particular is in another league. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

Marquez

Interesting that according to many Marquez was going to totally dominate this year. Didn't look particularly dominant yesterday and while he may have the championship lead I see no evidence that he's going to run away with the championship. Furthermore if the FIM CDI have their heads screwed on the right way he'll be losing 16 points and finding himself in third. And of course if he wasn't such a blatant cheat Espargaro would probably have those 16 points. I'm not saying he won't win this year, but his fans need to wake up, smell the coffee and realise that he's not going win by 150 points while winning every race. And the idea that he's some huge natural talent who will be challenging for the MotoGP title next year needs some readjusting. Remember Bradl beat him last year and he's hardly setting the championship alight is he? Sure he's only on a satellite bike, but he's currently last satellite bike and even trailing a Ducati. Some had the same idea about Bautista and even on a semi factory Honda he's not putting in the results people expected. Yes I know he finished fourth yesterday, but you don't have to listen to Steve Parrish. One fourth does not suddenly make him a championship contender.

Reply to this Topic
Slorta

Jul 11

Slorta says:

Dead Right

Spot on Jollyboy.  4th doesn't make Bautista a champion and 2nd doesn't make Redding a champion either. 

But where your uneducated ramblings do fall down is that Marquez is the only rider in Moto2 that has the skill set to potentially be up there with Rossi, Stoner, Lorenzo or Pedrosa.  We are all gifted to be able to see this level of talent competing against each other week after week.  This is history in the making and already Marquez has the runs on the board to match it with them. Time will tell. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ACEEDSTORM

Oct 10

ACEEDSTORM says:

You face fact Slorta.The whole moto GP circus is run by Spaniards,for Spaniards.Before Dorna took control of the rights to everything the grids were filled with riders of every nationality.Now the Spanish championship is the only way any young lads can climb into the championships.Win the British title,German,Italian & maybe you'll get a ride,but be born with a Spanish passport,well it's welcome aboard.Marquez is a terrific rider,but he gets extra parts several races before the rest,is this fair,you're an arse if you think it is?When the Yanks dominated 500 GP's it wasn't coz the whole championship was run by yanks it's coz they were way quicker than the rest coz of their riding style,until the rest of the world caught up they made everyone else look silly.The whole circus needs taking from the Spanish ASAP or it will die faster than it already is.The rest of the world has some equally fast up & coming lads,but they're outnumbered by the Spanish simply coz of the control of Dorna & they won't rest until every single top bike has one of their chosen boys backside planted on it.

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

Good Info.

No I'm not being sarcastic. That’s the sort of informative info that needs to be posted on this forum.  It’s good to know someone out there has a brain.  I was aware of some of the Spanish control etc but how much influence they have over rider selections, I don’t, but I will do some more research.   As for the favoritism with parts,  missed that one.   Can’t agree to that of course but how accurate is this info ACEEDSTORM ?  It’s not just pub talk is it. 

I just get pissed off with how one eyed this is all getting.  Is he ever going to have a ride, excuse free.  That day must surely be coming cause there aren’t many excuses left.  And over inflating a riders ego when it’s not warranted can only lead to another disaster like Simo in Malaysia last year.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices